Manage the cap from fanspeak

We have starting RB. We have 2 starting WRs.

We could use a TE or 2, but I’m not using a high pick. 3rd round, tops, and the dude better be a good blocker. I’m not interested at all in receiving only TEs.

You know, if you evaluate your team and you determine paying Theo Riddick and having Zac Zenner as your back-up isn’t where you want to be and Blount is through, where exactly is your RB group. It is Kerryon Johnson and nobody. So you need two RB if not three. So, drafting with the expectation that you need two isn’t stupid, at least not as stupid as going into another season without a real back-up.

That said, going into the next season with Roberts and Wilson at TE is also unacceptable. Toilolo does block well, so might be worth re-signing. Looking at the FA list of TE’s you might conclude that it sucks. Well, what do you do then, you draft two.

WR. What kind of shape are we in there. We have Golladay, we have whatever Jones brings back after his recovery from injury. And, we have nothing else. No matter how you look at it, we need at least one probably two.

That is six or seven skill position players. So yes, we need those players. We need starters at TE 1 and TE2 and WR3. We need a back capable of starting and maybe additionally someone to replace Riddick and his ridiculous contract. We need WR4 and WR5.

That’s why you draft like this:
8: R1P8
CB BYRON MURPHY
WASHINGTON
43: R2P11
EDGE JAYLON FERGUSON
LOUISIANA TECH
88: R3P24
RB DAVID MONTGOMERY
IOWA STATE
111: R4P9
TE DAWSON KNOX
MISSISSIPPI
147: R5P8
LB TERRELL HANKS
NEW MEXICO STATE
186: R6P11
CB JIMMY MORELAND
JMU
206: R6P31
S MARVELL TELL III
USC
226: R7P10
RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD
236: R7P20
WR TONY POLLARD
MEMPHIS

Really? Why would they do this? You guys watch this cap and contract stuff more than I do. He’s not worth that, is he? What’s up here?

Larry Fitzgerald signed a one year, $11 million contract with the Cardinals on January 24, 2019. Fitzgerald’s entire $11 million salary is guaranteed. Fitzgerald had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent.

I want to keep ZZ and KJ. If you want guys to challenge, fine, find them in FA or UDFA after the draft. I’m not wasting a draft pick on an RB while we’re still not just one piece away.

I pretty much don’t care what you do with round 5-7. So if you want to go on a bonanza picking skill positions, go ahead.

I don’t agree.

IF M. Jones is an issue. I doubt that he is. It was a bone bruise. (ACL, MCL undamaged) They kept him out because they didn’t care about losing that much. Kind of the reason why they traded Tate to a team that was still viable.

1 Like