Mark Murphy: "Erin is a complicated fella"

camping good witch GIF by Hallmark Channel

This Is Fine GIF

1 Like

Thread isn’t locked yet? There must be no criticism of A-A-ron here.

1 Like

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

1 Like

More for your viewing pleasure

Never been a big fan of divas. Erin is sure getting a lot of mileage out of this.
There is really only one more piece of information that I would like to know, what is Erin’s ideal outcome from all of this?
The “impression” I get is that Ze wants to be the team President, GM, HC, and QB, somewhere.
Personally, I don’t think that’s a realistic expectation, anywhere.

1 Like

What’s so diva about asking the team to complete the process of what they already started?

If A-Aron would have played like crap in 2020 and the team cut him but he wanted to stay, would you be on Aaron’s side that they should keep him around?

1 Like

Had enough whatifisms to last a lifetime. Dealing with what IS works just fine for me.
They overhauled the the management/coaching staff for Erin, what, two years ago?
He got what he asked for and still isn’t happy.
Never once in my career did upper management ever consult with me when they fired or hired, and, not to ring my own bell, but, I was in the top 5% of my field, with the awards to prove it.

I don’t think Murphy did himself or the team any favors here.

Management’s only hope of proceeding amicably with their Hall of Fame QB is if things cool off over time and Rodgers decides to enjoy the game he loves sometime around training camp.

Murphy only stirred the pot here and stoked the flames by calling upon the legend of Ted Thompson to indirectly blame Rodgers for this mess. Can’t imagine it improved his mood.

Perhaps he will force his way out of town. One can only hope.
Evolve Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

1 Like

I would stay clear of that if I were you too.

Your company: “Look everybody! We have hired LionFrog’s replacement! We are gonna get rid of him as soon as LionFrog trains him up real nice.”

LionFrog: “Now that you have my replacement, can we just complete the separation so that I can move on with my life and my career?”

People: “Damn! Why is LionFrog such a DIVA!!! Do you want to own the company too?”

5 Likes

Aaron is arguably in the upper .05% of nfl players.

With your job , if so unhappy … could you have left to find a similar position?

Imo it must be hard to be a top player with a short career and watch management waste it.

Whst was best case scenario for the team in drafting love ?

Did that really help team in 2020 unless it was drafting love that caused Aaron to play like an mvp -

Packers were close and it wasn’t the back up QB that cost them the championship game although he also didn’t play.

I still really hate the Erin thing as I think it’s super cowardly.

1 Like

Divas who demand trades
And retire early
And complain about management.
Then management gets fired and msybe divas had a legit point.

3 Likes

Slay and Diggs sure were Divas, good thing we got rid of them.

2 Likes

I have to say that I’ve never really respected Aaron Rodgers as a person- he’s always seemed pretty pretentious and stand-offish- but even that might just be his public persona. In this instance, though, I have to kind of take his side.

He’s not a run-of-the-mill quarterback. He’s one of the best of his generation, and he’s basically carried the Packers on his back for the last decade. Then GB drafts his replacement when he’s notionally still got 5-10 years left in the tank, apparently without discussing succession plans with him.

Bottom line, he’s by far the most important player on the team. You know he’s got a bit of (honestly well-deserved) ego. And the front office didn’t even take the time to say, “Hey Aaron, we really like this young QB so we’re going to draft him, but you’re going to be the guy until you are ready to leave. If Love turns out great and you’re still playing, we’ll flip him for picks like NE did with Garofalo. Your starting job is 100% safe.” Basically, everyone everywhere knows that 1) Rodgers wants “special” treatment, to some extent, and 2) he’s totally worth the trouble, and yet GB’s management totally failed.

4 Likes

I really struggle to understand how you could compare your job to being a franchise NFL
QB?? :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Yup GIF by State Farm

Erin is a tremendously talented diva. He reminds of Mariah Carey, especially around the hips…

1 Like

This is like a ‘bless your heart’ in the south.

mariah carey first pitch GIF

I would guess Rodgers would have asked for the Packers to spend 1st round picks on players that can help him win Super Bowls… rather than draft a QB to be his replacement.

Not only did they use a 1st round pick… they even traded up and gave away an extra pick to get Love… while the division rival Vikings had just picked a WR a few picks earlier.

Rodgers has said he wants to play into his 40s, and was 36yo when Love was drafted. Therefore… Love would be a free agent about the time Rodgers is planning to retire. It is pretty easy to think the Packers planned to force Rodgers out before he wants to retire. Seems pretty easy to understand why he doesn’t want to play… and risk significant injuries… for management that has proven through it’s own actions that they don’t want to commit to him long term.