Marvin Jones wants a super bowl

I dont know how much he’d contribute either but

Rams third wr last couple seasons was around 40
Which included Brandon Cooks.
So 34 catches isn’t far off from
That -

If he goes to Rams
MJj may have an advantage by already having Stafford’s trust.

Hoping we can keep MJ and franchise KG. May not be workable though. Lions very thin at WR.

I thought MJ was washed up after the first 1/3 of the season.

But then all of sudden, he played great as the season went on. Much respect to him and Sanu for playing hard for the final stretch of games.

Hopefully he ends up somewhere that works out well for him. Good guy, good player. We got our money’s worth.

Cooks played for Houston last season.

The truth is sometimes hard to take

MJ is being selfish… period

Personal opinions are simply view points of if this totally selfish desire to dump his current team - to hook up with total strangers to win himself a ring - is a bad unjustified move or is it ok

Good or bad, MJ is putting his own desire before the team. If just do we agree or disagree with it

Is he not a UFA? The Lion’s could have locked him up and didn’t. I don’t find it selfish at all. It would appear to me the Lion’s didn’t have him in their plan going forward. If I’m Jones playing with my best friend or a chance at a SB would top my list as well. Would love to see him go-to the Rams and win a SB with Stafford.

2 Likes

“If” this is true - you are spot on

Did MJ know already, before making these comments, that he was being released?

But if not, not judging but stating the simplistic fact it would then be a selfish move…

He’s not “being released”, he’s an Unrestricted Free Agent.

1 Like

Marvin has played for the Bengals and Lions the past 8 years. In other words, he’s won about 10% of the games he’s played in, it’s no wonder he wants to play for a winner.

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be the case. McVey dictates where the ball go especially the 1st option.

You should actually read the article.

MJ is hitting Free Agency for the 2nd time. He’s free to do what he wants but is not willing to be taken advantage. There’s no room for criticism, IMO.

“Jones said Thursday on SiriusXM NFL radio that “nothing’s off the table” as far as where he plays next season, but that a chance to win a Super Bowl is high on his list of priorities.”

“At this point in my career, that’s what I want,” Jones said. “That is what I want, but at the same time, it’s not going to be — I’m not going to just straight sacrifice and not get what I’m worth just because I’ve put in my work to get where I’m at and it happened the first time and I did it, and I think I outplayed it the second time.”

1 Like

Last couple of seasons do 2019 cooks was around 40 if I saw stats correctly
Anc 3rd WR last year was around that.

Van J last year was at 35 targets 19 catches by the stats I saw if that’s better than mJJ.

Sure but he’s using personnel and play design in practice

So if MJJ dhow productive chemistry in practice
It would suggest McVay calls plays designed with MjJ in mind

Really question is

If MJJ would be the 5th best wr on Rams if he signed there …

Or would McVay use him. And how much -

This is a strange way to put it

When it’s more like Lions are being selfish since they haven’t committed to MJJ
Knowing he’s a free agent this hes not beholden to any team.

This is a normal time for him to be “selfish” yet it has nothing to do with the team and everything to do with

He doesn’t currently have a team.

Creative thinking!!!

Did you work in the Kilpatrick administration perhaps?

I believe he was grieving with the death of a child. It likely effected his work ethic, drive and concentration.

It wears on you and your family for some time afterwards.

Why do they deserve to win?
Football is based on meritocracy. Just showing up and being a nice guy has nothing to do with deserving to win.

LMAO, “showing up and being a nice guy”? They’re far more than that. Unselfish, classy, talented, never complain, hard working players that got zero help the shittiest organizations. Much like CJ and Barry, unfortunately they never got an opportunity outside of this shithole.

At the end of the day lMO there are a few in the same boat that I feel deserve to be in a better position to win a SB. If it doesn’t happen, then so be it. At least they had the chance. But many won’t be awarded that chance. Then there are some IMO that don’t deserve it, and some of them actually win.

You can disagree, I have no issue with that. We’re each entitled to think however we want about anything.

As long as Tom Brady is playing the chances of others winning doesn’t look good lol.