Matt Corral or Malik Willis Right Now?

I definitely think Corral is QB2 in this class, but I’m not super impressed with him overall. The only guy I’d consider taking with pick 1A is Willis. He’s a better athlete and he has better tools and a better arm.

I also think Corral is a total product of Kiffin.

What do you guys think?

I don’t see a qb worthy of 1oa as of now. I’m hopeful we can get the Oregon DE at 1 then a qb with our other first if the team is set on getting a qb this year.

I’d prefer to wait til 2023

2 Likes

Corral…not 1OA at this point, but pending where our Rams pick is, maybe worth a real trade up if we can get him/other QB Brad likes im the middle.of 1stbrd range. However, there’s still alot of college season left, players will rise and fall a bit…I’m all about best D player 1OA, but if a dude at QB separates himself…

The Oregon DE, despite the hype, hasn’t looked like a first overall pick, either.

3 Likes

I agree, Thibedauex’s not helping his stock. This draft looks to be panning out for Brad to really show his chops. If there’s no real blue chippers, then this is where the rubber meats the road and he earms his paycheck.

Yep rather have Stingley or Hamilton or Adam Anderson. Anderson is a much better pass rusher and a better fit for us. He will be climbing up draft boards.

Correll reminds me of Baker Mayfield. I feel Baker is mediocre at best and was not worth #1 despite how good browns have become

Willis has highest upside. Possibly slower Vick. Super mobile/elusive. cannon arm that can make all the throws

Either way both need to sit behind Goff for a year

But with lions strength at oline and TE RB positions. Building an offense like Baltimore has with Jackson could work well

Kyle Hamilton as of now.

I’m not interested in any QB with our first. The Rams? I’m open minded

I’m trending towards using every single pick on the defensive side of the ball. Pick up two of Kirk, Chark, Gage, Meyers in free agency and use Carolina as a model.

2 Likes

The Lions need elite playmakers everywhere except Oline, running back, punter, and kicker. Can Lynn adjust his play calling to fit Corral or Willis? I’m intrigued by Willis because of his athleticism and playmaking ability. He’d make the offense so much more dynamic.

I’m also in the camp to fix the D. I’ve been wanting an elite D for a long time.

1 Like

I haven’t really followed many qbs this year but would Desmond Ridder be a nice option with a late 1st or our 2nd rd pick?

What’s the good word on him?

When the draft ended I was stoked on it. Thinking Holmes killed his first draft. I’m starting to think less of it as time goes on

Really? I still think we had a great draft. Levi and Alim both flashed today. St. Brown is improving. Barnes had that one wretched play and was kind of meh otherwise but I have a lot of faith in him. Still have a ton of faith in Sewell as well. Iffy? :man_shrugging: He definitely has the measurable. Jefferson was a nice gamble that late.

If we replicate that type of drafting the next two years we should be in good shape…

5 Likes

I really don’t like the idea of using a 3-2 team that might finish 3rd in the division… a team that has 2 of its 3 wins against Jets and Texans… and with a QB with as many INTs as TDs… as a model for success.

I hate to be that guy…but the Lions will never win with a classic pocket passer.

We need a dual threat.

Levi was almost invisible today.

1 Like

Nope. Levi was a factor against their run game. The pass rush will come in due time.

3 Likes

Neither Corral or Willis, QB is the last position this team needs to worry about.

3 Likes

I didn’t say they were at their apex yet. That defense is now formidable to one of the better units in the league; I think we all yearn for the day we can say anything close to that about the Lion’s D. They took a QB who needed a change of scenery and a dual threat RB to keep them competitive while the young guys come together. Sounds familiar, right? I think the Panthers are EXACTLY where the Lion’s want to be in a few years, regardless of who they’ve had on their schedule early in this season.