Matt Miller's 2 round mock draft

#6 Devon Witherspoon
#18 Lukas Van Ness
#48 Sam LaPorta
#55 Jahmyr Gibbs

We passed on Cam Smith and Ika for LaPorta.

Also Clark Phillips, Deonte Banks, and Kelee Ringo were all still on the board when we took Gibbs.

Discuss…

3 Likes

Just right now, I’d rather have STAT (Sanders The Alabama Transfer) and Cam Smith.

3 Likes

Seems like a draft scenario that’s too good to be true. Fortunately Brad Holmes has been feasting on the too good to be true area lately. Hopefully he keeps it rolling again this year

Love it

2 Likes

I will admit I won’t be surprised to see two O picks in the first five, but TE was a little surprising.

2 Likes

The Eagles add Bijan and Darnell Washington to that run game? That’s terrifying.

4 Likes

True.

2 Likes

I’m not a Ringo guy but the pendulum has swung too far the other way IMO.

2 Likes

Thats why I want to add them to ours @18 and 55

3 Likes

Big LaPorta fan bit I honestly think it would be a mistake to draft him because they have already proved that they can be very successful with the group that they have. And I don’t see Van Ness as an immediate upgrade, and the ONLY position that I feel you could/should ever draft in the first to be a project is QB.

That said I would absolutely draft Jack Campbell possibly with our second pick in the 2nd and Riley Moss in the 5th. That would be MY IOWA draft. And I would take Merriweather at safety with our last pick in the 6th if we haven’t addressed Safety.

4 Likes

Personally I’d love that. Then add a good RG and run the Phuck around and find out offense.

1 Like

I simply don’t think Darnell Washington would add much to our O. He was only targeted 45x in 3 years, just over once a game. So what you are really getting is a guy who is going to help in pass protection and the run game. In the 4 games that Georgia played vs ranked teams he had a total of 5 catches. Big ■■■■■■■ guy should be a red zone hero, he caught 2 TD passes last season. Pass.

2 Likes

I’m drafting him for his blocking

3 Likes

Why not simply use Matt Nelson in that role? If I’m looking to upgrade my blocking and using that pick then I would use #48 and #55 to move back into the first and get O’Cyrus Torrence and a 4th round pick.

2 Likes

We could. Or draft a depth OT that we use in that role. Washington is actually a threat in the passing game.

1 Like

Honestly, his numbers don’t really support that.

1 Like

I think Van Ness draft stock rises might have to nab him before 18

The media has a low opinion of Detroit. Always have. Always will.
Doesn’t matter who our GM and HC is, they will always think they’re stupid.

1 Like

I keep reading draft guys ranking Ringo outside their top 50. I am not a fan. The more I’ve watched cam smith the more I realize he is a zone corner more then a man. Witherspoon is the best corner in the draft, I’ll take it. I do believe a back is taken w one of the first 3-4 picks. And @LineBusy I did not speak to John about these things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

He’s played 2 years. In those 2 years he has less snaps than Hutch had as a senior.

18.5 TFL and 13 sacks in a full year of snaps. Then there is the highlight reel… the equivalent of him dunking on every OT he was up against.

I would take him- not pay Cominsky and have more rush off the DE opposite hutch, but a relentless run defender with a motor too.

That 7M a year from Commish gets me a guy like Sutton