Matt’s cont. to rewrite record book!

you like iggy and Big Ten Phan, just can’t stand any time someone has anything nice to say about John Matthew Stafford. you have to dump on it in some way to make yourselves feel better. it’s old Driver.

1 Like

John?

1 Like

Matt needs 844 more yards to reach the 40,000 yard mark in his career.

1 Like

I don’t like comparing old stats to new stats, because the game is so much different today than 50 years ago, especially pre-16 game seasons.

2 Likes

First, how does this not open you up to a charge of doing nothing but saying only nice things about Stafford? It’s getting old to see all kinds of irrelevant slobber stats like “4th quarter comebacks” that give credit to the QB, as if being in a hole in the first place had nothing to do with him…

THAT is getting old, too.

Second, I’m not dumping on Stafford at all. I’m dumping on the hypocrisy of saying “it’s a team sport” when Stafford doesn’t win playoff games, but it’s an individual sport when it comes to these stats.

Third, it makes sense that an inconsistent QB would have ardent defenders whose arguments are inconsistent.

Also, do you want a forum where everyone just agrees about everything?

How fun is that?

IT is a team sport. Stafford cannot throw the ball , catch the ball , run the ball , that is why there are many other players on offense. why there are RB’s , FB’s , TE’s , WR’s . that is why there is an o-line, an OC , Nobody on this site has said that Stafford is elite, flawless, totally not responsible for HIS bad plays, nobody calls Stafford Perfect, Nobody says Stafford IS Top 10 or hell Top 5…nobody…except for JR . there is one poster with his head in the clouds when it comes to Stafford…might be one or two other poster “kinda like him” BUT the vast majority live in the reality that Matt Stafford isn’t the greatest QB ever . YEAH Stafford makes mistakes from game to game your going to be hard pressed to find anybody that disagrees with this. But you exaggerate that Stafford is a dog-$#!7 QB , and pile on him and the coaching staff every opportunity you have AS I SAID , You Driver & Iggy , and Big Ten Phan. Matt Stafford is ONE damn guy on an entire NFL Team . Yet I don’t see you complaining about other players much…why?? because you get attention bashing Stafford and any HC & GM or OC we have. at LEAST Iggy can talk some pretty decent football when he isn’t busy with HIS usual banter. your not setting the world on fire by berating Stafford…we all have at times.

but don’t act like that’s all your here for.

Well, Matt will get about 4000 yds closer now that Ben is done for this season…

2 Likes

No, you exaggerate that I say he’s a “dogsh-t QB”.

Stop doing that and you’ll have less of a problem with what I write.

Quit crying already.

Seems like all you’re here for is to fluff Stafford.

Peyton 43 out of 266 career games
Brady 35 out of 271
Brees 35 out of 266
Unitas 34 out of 211
Marino 33 out of 242
Ben R 31 out of 218
Elway 31 out of 234
Vinny T 29 out of 233
Tark 29 out of 246
Favre 28 out of 302

Stafford 27 out of 143

Matt Ryan 27 out of 176
Eli M 27 out of 234
Rivers 26 out of 214

Arguably, Stafford is the best 4th quarter comeback QB in NFL history (in relative terms).

2 Likes

I’d be interested in seeing how many games all those guys in their career were losing in the 4th.

Seems to me if you’re a really good QB, you’re leading going into the 4th more often, especially against bad teams.

Maybe also index for 4th qtr comebacks against .500 teams or above?

And when you look at playoff games, Stafford is nowhere to be found. (looks in toilet to see just how big this turd is)

Brady has 9
Montana 5
Bradshaw 4
Elway 4
Eli Manning 4
Russell Wilson 4

Mark Sanchez 2
Nick Foles 2
Drew Brees 2

On Twitter, I made a similar snarky comment, which is more about the Lions being behind more than the teams of those other QBs, but it didn’t go over well.

1 Like

Right, because us being behind is the responsibility of the TEAM. Only Stafford gets credit for the 4th quarter comebacks.

Duh…

Why don’t you rate those organizations from top to bottom in NFL history.

I’m guessing…just a guess mind you…that Matt has been stuck playing for the worst organization in pro sports history.

Even the damn Cubs came through.

Imagine Stafford playing behind Aikman’s O-Line and an offense which included Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin…What’s Stafford’s career QBR when under no pressure? He’s never had a run game higher than 17th.

Right. Everyone on those teams sucked except Stafford… Especially Calvin Johnson.

man this place, the Den, rarely agrees on any one thing . certainly FAR from everything lol so I have little hope/worries of that EVER happening…so you can rest you mind on that.

But if it did, it would be much less fun, IMO.

That was the point. The other organizations, i.e. Favre-era Packers, Elway-era Broncos, Peyton-era Colts, Brady-era Patriots, have been so much better than the Lions, they’ve had less need to have comeback victories.

Someone once said QBs get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

1 Like

Well, only the team can be behind. It’s Detroit vs Everyone, remember? Not Stafford vs. the Chargers.

Also, Matt has been behind the score quite a bit, but, the other QB’s had much better talent to help them make the 4th quarter comebacks. It’s all the more impressive that he did it with much less.

1 Like