Matt Stafford Thread — Keep it here

You just named one game in a 12 year career in which an allegedly great defense didn’t stop the Cowboys at all when it mattered.

The opposing team had 0 turnovers during Matt’s playoff games in Detroit, go find me a quarterback who won much in those circumstances in the playoffs

2 Likes

Why, when a minority of people have been obviously exposed as wrong or clueless would we give them more time? Seriously. If their contributions to Stafford topics have been proven over and over as utterly wrong, why would we want more of their contribution on Stafford.

Forget the crow. Just be silent.

8 Likes

He was amazing, today. You just can’t help yourself.
Hilarious.

2 Likes

Did you even read the words I typed? Methinks thou doth protest too much.

2 Likes

The excuses never end I know. How many points did the offense have in that second half? Point being is the narrative that Stafford is some holy perfect supernova only held back by his surrounding cast is a little off kilter. Remember we had the ball with time and a chance for a game winning drive

Good for him for being on a great team now and having a chance for a ring. But he in the past sometimes was also part of the mess

3 Likes

I read it. It was the comprehension skills that make it funny to me.
Stating an opinion that I’ve held for a long time. No protesting. If not for fumbles today, that had potential to be a crazy game with unthinkable numbers.

If that was “Managed the game,” then every QB in the history of the NFL is a game manager.

1 Like

My list starts and stops with William Clay Ford.

Also Kupp is insane. Dude just gets open. Like insanely wide open and is crazy hard to tackle. Here’s to hoping Amon progress similarly

1 Like

I simply stated all he had to do against AZ was manage the game and not fuck up, he did it, and did it well…today he balled out and went above and beyond, I guess I cant help myself?

2 Likes

We can bypass and pretend we don’t know what a game manager is…and if that’s the case, you get to be right…again. :wink:

2 Likes

This all goes so predictably. Dude wins his first two playoff games, looks damn near perfect doing so, outgod’s the literal God of football, and is called … a game manager. Sigh. Whatever. He’s in the NFC Championship game now.

Like I said, at this point, it isn’t about beans or any of that nonsense. It’s about some weird hatred for a dude who gave it his everything in Detroit, and like Barry and others before him, the franchise refused to get it done.

6 Likes

Anybody who thought Stafford was the problem here is fucking delusional PERIOD.

5 Likes

I think IF Matt gets to this Super Bowl, wins and follows a similar path with playoff wins in 2022 (even if no Super Bowl) I think he has a real shot at the Hall of Fame.

He has to win a Super Bowl and then get to the playoffs again and win at least one next year. The story becomes how the Lions killed him but he was smart enough to get out and win big before he stepped away.

Here’s the thing …

I honestly believe, and maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but if the Rams win it all, I can honestly see Matt hanging it up. He’s been playing hurt the last several years. His back is held together by bubble gum and spirit. The Rams will have cashed in on what they wanted. That is the best case scenario for Lions fans at this point.

1 Like

He threw for 4800 yards with 41 TDs, won his division with 12 wins and has won two playoffs game his first year out of Detroit. He’s one game away from going to the SB. I know you think you are being even-handed but GTFO with that confirmation bias BS, lol. The guy is a great QB and always has been.,

7 Likes

New poster long time lurker.

I just thought it was time to move on. Get what you can get and start the rebuild. IMHO the same conversations would’ve been had had he stayed. Another 3 to 7 win season and SOL. Never thought he was the sole reason but he was one constant during this period.

And our bean next year would be extra super magical if that happened.

So here’s a crazy thought.

Lions go 10-7 and make the playoffs, but Goff clearly holds them back. Rams have a top 10 pick that we get. Do we take a QB?

But he hasn’t been the constant since 1991. The bigger problem has been ownership refusing to figure it out. With as bad as Detroit’s been, people forget that they should’ve accidentally stumbled upon a winning formula by now—they couldn’t even do that.

Here’s hoping Dan is the answer, but I’ve seen this movie before.

30 years is a long time, guys.

30 years.

Just dwell on that.

1 Like

Oh I see, you think I was being passive agressive, I assure I was not, my Stafford hater-trolling isnt passive at all when aplicable, it’s pretty much purely agressive. Come to think of it, not once during Matt’s career has my hater-troll self ever called, or thought of, Matt as a game manager. I guess simply pointing out that during the AZ game all he had to do was throw the ball 17 times, with great efficiency, did a good job and deserved the win, no excuses, as “managing a game” is secret code for “he sucks!” for those that want to read it that way, even though the vast majority of the football world (outside of Stafford fan’s looking for trolling when trolling isnt there, ironic no?) agreed that the Rams/Matt didnt need to do much offensively to beat the Cards. Why does simply pointing that out hurt some feelings around here? Rams and Matt executed and MANAGED the game perfectly against the Cards…hell, I’ve seen Brady/Bill “manage” their way to multiple super bowls🤷‍♂️

Yes, you do everything you can to get the QB you believe in. Goff is a band-aid.

1 Like