Matthew Stafford Cap implications

he deserves to get a championship with a better team–i myself hate to see him leave—tough as naill and a real compitor

1 Like

why does he “deserve” anything? He’s dead to me once he is gone.

what’s the cost to the next team that trades for him?

Because he has patiently and without complaint endured through mismanagement of the roster and resources. These guys are professionals, yes, but they are competitors first. Given that and the finite amount of time they have to play, it’s fair to say he deserves the professional courtesy of allowing him to actually compete for something meaningful before his time is up.

3 Likes

Lions have paid him more than $210 million, I think that is more than enough. The Lions don’t owe anything to him but to do what is best for the Lions and if that means trading him to another loser franchise so be it.

It’s about the team, but some people think it is an individual game.

I have zero issues with being a fan of the Lions and a fan of other players or even other sports. I might be a bit OCD but I’m not ~that~ OCD.

I am not putting Stafford’s needs above the Lions. He wants to leave and I could not care less if he wins anything. But that is just me.

As it turns out, their needs being met are not mutually exclusive. I’m pulling for the win-win, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Lions win is all I care about.

People that work hard and make good decisions deserve success. some define success by happiness and fulfillment, while others define it by money. Truly, nobody owes anyone anything. IMO - Matt has performed at a level, and worked hard enough to deserve a title. In a lot of other scenarios, he would have achieved it already. That’s all.

Agree to disagree

1 Like

Shake on it! :wink:
Agreed!

@DeadStroke

Would it be possible to do this for the QB position as a whole?..Now that we’ve traded Matt. How that trade effects the cap. How Goff effects our cap and if he doesn’t work out when you feel we can viably trade him. Lastly how Daniels and Blough effect our cap and when we can move on from them as well.

Thanks Bud you do great work.

1 Like

Did you see this topic that I started?

https://lionstalk.com/t/jared-goff-cap-charges/8796

I missed that one. Thank you !