Matthew Stafford Commerical

Smart to play up to his Lions fans. If Staff wins another Superbowl in LA, he’s going to want at least a few people to show up to the parade.

5 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I loved or hated that commercial but it was funny.

Good for Matt on getting some endorsement money.

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed Matt Stafford commercials. He has a knack for it

3 Likes

This was fantastic. It’s clear Matt holds a lot of love for us, whether you reciprocate it or not…

17 Likes

That was awesome! Good for Matt

1 Like

I loved it. I was seeing in twitter that posts were saying he dissed the lions but after watching the commercial I don’t see it at all. If anything he doubles down on his love for Detroit.

3 Likes

Being out of state this is the only commercial of his I have seen. I do miss local market sports coverage.

1 Like

WORD!

Fun commercial, the writers of these commercials seem to like to play on Stafford playing in Detroit for 12 years and then having instant success in LA.

2 Likes

I thought it was good. Great innuendo and twist of his football career.

It is great to see Matt getting the recognition he deserves, not just that commercial but universally. Honestly if they voted after the Packers choke job when the season ended he would have been in the running for MVP.

Any body that has their panties in a bunch over that commercial would just be the many that he proved wrong.

8 Likes

Ha! That’s a great spot.

He’s no Manning, but I do enjoy his delivery. The MNF one from a few years back where he’s wearing a t shirt with his face on it is also pretty great.

1 Like

Living in Denver I experience the same. I see whats posted here as far as media stuff…and funny commercials.

I like listening to Karch and Anderson on occasion. They’re pretty laid back and talk about other things going on in the Detroit area and Michigan. One thing they do is let callers go on some good thoughts/rants before chiming in or cutting off.

I subscribe to Bally Sports, The Lions and some other Lions related yourube channels. Its not as good as the local stuff, but it works.

1 Like

Lol that’s so awesome. Couldn’t have happened to a better dude.

Finally. It just took getting out of Detroit. Sigh. Good for him.

2 Likes

Ouch. It sucks to see people feel this way.

This

Listening to the Rico and Valenti show they spun it that this was a Stafford dig on Detroit. I understand their schtick is to take unpopular views but it doesn’t mean they have to be assholes 100% of the time. Shock radio is just one of many things that are wrong in this country. No one can ever be happy with status quo. The squeaky wheels get heard and the masses begin to believe that’s what the majority thinks. We couldn’t have asked for a better ambassador for Detroit than Matt and unfortunately in these times it gets bashed. We live in a sick country these days.

3 Likes

Would love to see him retire as a Lion.

1 Like

So the Lions are a 12 year old phone? The Detroit Blackberries

2 Likes

That’s what I hate about guys like Valenti and why I never listen to shows like those. But whenever someone starts a thread to bitch about something Valenti said that they don’t agree with, it reinforces why its a good way to go to get attention and make money.

One thing I try to remember is that Stafford did not write his own lines, and it was done by some nebulous person that we don’t know and who doesn’t know us. Also, they were trying to appeal to a national audience, not a local audience. And in that light, the commercial actually doesn’t make complete sense. Here’s my take on the verbiage:

“Oh, I get it. So, you can take your old phone, that you’ve had for 12 years and loved every minute of, and trade it in for something new that suits your life now?” - We got rid of Stafford after 12 years, so technically he is the old phone. The something new that suits our life now would be Goff. OR…you can flip it, and put Stafford in the driver’s seat. He traded Detroit in after 12 years, for something that suits his life now. I think the second way of thinking about it makes more sense for what he says next.

“Then enjoy immediate success, even though you’ll never forget your old phone, ever?” - This doesn’t make sense if we are considering Stafford the old phone, because we didn’t enjoy immediate success. So since he was the one that had immediate success, that lends itself to the idea that the writer was saying that Stafford traded in Detroit, but will never forget us…ever (wink).

I can’t find an angle where Stafford is taking a shot at Lions fans. Particularly when you see a guy like Randy Gregory taking shots at Cowboys fans and the organization on his way out the door.

Nah, Blackberries were once on top…