Matthew Stafford has powered L.A. to Super Bowl contention. The tough times in Detroit helped prepare him. - mlive.com

4 Likes

Such a class act.
Wish him continued success. Hope he continues to murder ass and be happy and healthy in his career, and as a husband and father.

8 Likes

How can this even be? He sucks!

4 Likes

Weird article. Rams have been a SB contender the minute they traded for Stafford. All he has to do now is win it.

2 Likes

In 2011, the Lions started 5-0 and Stafford went on to pass for 5000 yards and 41 TD’s and finish 10-6, we know how the story ends. This has happened before. Stafford has had a great start to the season with the Rams but all this super bowl talk is nonsense to me, they are not even in 1st place in the division yet. I love Stafford, but he’s gotta have success in the playoffs, win a playoff game or 2, and then we can talk super bowl. Starting 5-1 is great, but it’s how you finish, not how you start. Just ask Brady.

That’s something to keep in mind.

2 Likes

I give them a 30% chance to get to the SB.
Gotta get past some good teams.
Dallas
GB
Cardinals
Tampa

I give Rams a 25-ish% chance to get to the SB
I think they are better than GB and Dallas, but …
-With Dallas, and the way officiating is, and the type of physicality that Dallas brings, they are gonna be really hard to get past.
-GB has more of an outside chance, but only because of Rodgers and officiating. Rodgers still owns the Bears, and he also still owns the officials.
-The Cardinals feel like more of a “pretty” team. They are more leaning toward Greatest Show on Turf stylistically, by my best estimate. Home run ability everywhere, and a nice D (that’s what she said). They’ll be tough to get past too.
-Tampa has the GOATster (best combination of alpha energy and intelligence in the history of the game). They have talent everywhere, but have had some injury issues. if Tampa comes into the playoffs healthy, they go to the big dance, IMO.

I think Tampa knocks the Rams out in whatever round they meet them. Anyone making it through the NFC this year has to run this guantlet and is worthy. This is a bitch of a year to be a contender in the NFC. Really good football teams. Playoffs will be clash of the titans every week. Fun stuff. Whoever makes it through is gonna be a very deserving.

2 Likes

[quote=“stephenboyd57, post:5, topic:12368, full:true”] all this super bowl talk is nonsense to me, they are not even in 1st place in the division yet. I love Stafford, but he’s gotta have success in the playoffs, win a playoff game or 2
[/quote]

Agreed!!!

It is October, and nearly 2/3 of the season remains to be played. With tje 17 game season… I think health may play a big factor in the playoffs, so it is too early to call any team a Super Bowl favorite.

Most importantly… is the fact you pointed out about leading the division.

If the Rams don’t win the division… they would have to win 3 road playoff games… with Tampa, Green Bay, Arizona, and Dallas being possible opponents.

Possible? sure. Just happened last year.
Likely? Nope.

6 Likes

I do think the Rams are better than Dallas, GB, and the Cards.
I think Tampa just has that energy and experience. They’re gonna be tough. Maybe Matt gets lucky and the refs give GB some bullshit call that lets them beat Tampa before the Rams have to face them?

Exactly, they gotta win the division to give them a real shot IMO. Playing Brady in Tampa or Rodgers in Lambeau would be extremely tough in the playoffs.

And most importantly will be the health of these teams come January. Injuries derail playoff runs often.

2 Likes

If Tampa wins in GB again this year… will Brady yell to the crowd… “I still own you!!!”???

I Hope Please GIF

3 Likes

Hahaha that would be awesome! Though Brady did throw 3 int’s in that game last year.

1 Like

Man, I’m excited for playoffs. This is the year I’ve watched NFL, as much as watching purely Lions. I am SO disappointed that Denver isn’t using J-Will more. I think they would have had a real chance to win last night, if they had used him.

I love watching
Bills
Rams
Lions (obviously first by a mile), but also some other matchups.
Not sure why I like to root against the Cards, but I have ever since Warner left.
…sidenote… can’t wait to see the Kurt Warner story that will be in theaters soon

KC has an outside shot, but I think the NFC is pretty much figuring out who gets to play the Bills in the SB.

TN will be a tough out for them, but I think they go more wide open next time on O. I’d put a spy on BigNasty (god I love that dude too), and blitz the fuck out of “Oh Taunnenbaum” (I know that was a reach, but I thought it was funny).

Imagine a QB having a bad game and still winning…in a game where there are 22 humans starting. :wink:
He played like shit in that game and still won. “Brady” won against a good team.

Oh just say it:

Forged in the fires of hell. :rofl: :rofl: :tired_face:

1 Like

I wouldn’t write off KC just yet. I fully expect them to make the playoffs.

2 Likes

They are Buffalo’s biggest threat. they will ALWAYS have a puncher’s chance, and are a scary draw, because of how many home run threats they have.

1 Like

Yea cheering for the Bills all the way! They are my 2nd favorite team and I much prefer watching them than the Lions misery every week. ha ha

The Titans could be trouble in January when the weather gets cold and here comes the King.

Tennessee Titans Dance GIF by SportsManias

2 Likes

They went to the Super Bowl 3 years ago…
Without Stafford.

1 Like

The 49ers went a few years ago as well…are they still a contender? Rams were a playoff contender with Goff but Stafford made them a SB pick for a lot of analysts.

The only reason you give away 2 firsts and third is because you think it gives you a legitimate shot at a SB ring. So far it looks like the Rams are a serious contender. Personally I think it’s still way to early. Stafford has looked great in the regular season before plus there’s going to be injuries that happen along the way.

1 Like

The Rams were playoff winners and Super Bowl contenders with Goff. They went in 2018. If that’s not contending, I give up.