Matthew Stafford ranked 6th best QB by NFL execs

I was thinking about this the other day, I wonder how many good QB’s that Tom Brady has kept from seeing a Superbowl?!

1 Like

Because those rankings are arbitrary and play on the field changes each year. Nobody looks back and rates people based on their rankings in a free agent class because the free agent class changes every year.

The guy literally just got paid in free agency.

National Football League Kenny Golladay GIF by Detroit Lions

I love reading the hype. Good for Matt. I’m happy for him. I want Stafford to play extremely well and yet the Rams lose as much possible these next two years. That’s sounds paradoxical but I have faith in Stafford to pull it off.

6 Likes

I think if playing well and losing is what you want…Stafford has been groomed for over a decade for that assignment. :rofl:

5 Likes

Until Stafford wins some playoff games, I don’t know how you can go as high as #6. The reality is, as much as people here think he’s the greatest thing ever, a dozen years as the starting QB with zero playoff wins is pretty staggering. At least if you’re talking about a supposedly top 6 nfl QB

1 Like

@GreggyJ
And if we are talking about play on the field… looks like Marvin tops the Rams’ WRs.

More yards. More TDs. Less targets.

LOL - Yup!

1 Like

How quickly we forget. Summerall WAS on the Lions’ 2011 roster. He was our starting TE and a big reason we made the playoffs. I know he looks older in that photo, but you’ve got to remember, the camera adds 50 years. Here’s a better shot. If Pat hadn’t retired early Hock would’ve never gotten that number.

1 Like

Hahaha. What’s kind of funny (and morbid) is he died in 2013 yet his picture kept popping up for 2014 and later. His legend lives on and stays on our roster posthumously.

1 Like

You just posted a stat sheet that has two Rams receivers right behind the top Lions receiver. That means they are almost all equally statistically effective and Stafford now has two of those guys instead of one.

Plus, Golladay was gone anyway, so he wouldn’t have even been with Stafford this year.

Stafford has a better WR corps in LA.

1 Like

Moving the goal post?

Your initial statement was about WRs that Stafford “had”… as in… the past.

It was definitely an odd statement he made.

More than a couple. Same with pro bowls on the afc side. You had Brady, manning and then the qb media darling of the moment.

Stafford was never going to get individual awards being in the same conference as Rogers, brees and Wilson. Those are 3 hall of fame locks.

Oh–I now see why there is confusion between us.

My initial post said Stafford should be expected to be rated higher because he went to a team with better receivers but I was saying that in the context in comparison to Jared Goff’s ranking this year, not relative to Stafford’s ratings in previous years. I didn’t make that clear in my initial post–totally my fault.

That’s why I brought up the lack of Golladay as well. Neither QB would have him this year and Goff has way less to work with. For some reason I was treating this as a Stafford vs. Goff thing, not a Stafford’s ranking now vs. last year or whenever.

Current Rams receivers are definitely better than current Lions receivers on paper. Yeah, the context you missed was the disconnect so what you said makes sense now. The people here are talking about how Stafford himself can suddenly jump up the rankings simply by changing teams.