MCDC getting no respect from CBS

Rank the punters CBS!!! I dare you!

2 Likes

So true.

Have you seen improvement in players?
Have you seen this level of “buy in” from players and staff…ever?

If all that is is stroking hope, then I agree with you.

2 Likes

Consider my hope stroked

….so stroked. I’ve already hopegasmed like four times

5 Likes

I’ll never forget 2004….that was one of the better off-seasons in this team’s history. Everything you wrote in your post was written and bandied about for that entire off-season including the draft. They followed all that positivity with a 2-8 finish after a 4-2 start. My point? They have to do it on the field and then it will be written all about in a positive sense. But this post that you wrote Natty, my bro, every hopeful fan base is writing that and wondering why no one in the media is :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Honestly we have not…yet. Training camp hasn’t started. But you did have guys like Collingsworth talk about how tough the team is. But Lions fans are so anxious to rip on guys like him that they don’t even notice when he’s trying to say something positive and hopeful about your team.

Joey lover

3 Likes

If only he loved football as much as his piano!!

3 Likes

We should’ve known it is first training camp when he showed up wearing this

3 Likes

Nah - when we started 4-2, we led the league in turnover ratio, and many of the turnovers were unforced. I never felt like that would hold up. Keep in mind, I was every bit the lions fan I am today back then. I remember watching with my buddies telling them it wasn’t gonna hold up.

I am being very honest with this post, and would not trade coach dan for any coach in the league. None human has ever heard me say that about a lions HC…cuz I haven’t.

This is the best time to be a lions fan in my lifetime…and I mean it with every ounce of my soul.

Go shove their words up their asses, coach Dan! I know you will, my brother!

**Edit
Additionally → typed this out very quickly…want you to know that I think you are a very good dude. I am a very direct and honest communicator, and it can sometimes come across harsh in text. I’m just being fun-loving and passionate.

You MF’rz would LOVE watching games with me, for real.

2 Likes

Is that Ellen!? lol

1 Like

Did you see our CBs improve?
St Brown?
Sewell?
OL, with health and continuity?
OC?
QB?
…I’d call that improvement. If not, we will just be on a different page with it. :wink:
I see tons of improvement across the board.

I have every reason to expect more of that this year.

LOL - Yup. There is a lot of Collinsworth hate on here. He’s not my fav either, but most of the commentators and prognosticators are anti-Lion. LOL.

I want John Madden back. Love the guy.

Collingsworth is a toolbag

1 Like

The ranking doesn’t bother me. I don’t care if he ranks Dan at 30. What bothers me is lazy journalism. Make a valid case. Point to a lack of experience or how rough the offense was for most of the season. There are plenty of points he could have argued to justify that ranking. Instead he talks about Dan’s speech and Goff. That leads me to believe he looked at the record and combined them with the only two narratives he knew about the lions. No further research needed.

6 Likes

Well, to be fair to Lions fans, Collingsworth did himself no favors when it comes to his Lions analysis when, after the Stafford trade, he makes stupid comments. He comes out with a post trade comment that he never reviewed/analyzed Stafford until after the trade and wasn’t how sure how he missed how good this guy was.

2 Likes

Collinsworth did say some very positive things about the lions though. He admitted that he never watches them outside of when they are the common opponent for teams he’s covering. He said when he was watching the lions vs Steelers last year he couldn’t stop watching the lions. He said they were just kicking the $h!t out of Pittsburgh. I give him credit for admitting he doesn’t watch the team much.

3 Likes

yea I remember watching the Rams game week one and he was gushing about Staffords ‘photographic memory’ that matched ‘McVeys photographic. memory’. Then he said Stafford was like Joe Montana with a better arm

It was like a listening fan boner babble

2 Likes

That’s the same for everyone outside Detroit. They all said the same thing. What gets me is how you can give analysis and call this player average when you’ve never really watched them play. That’s the lazy journalism that really bothers me. Nobody takes the time anymore. It’s just easier to go off the narrative. That’s why I miss shows like nfl matchup where Ron jaworski and Merrill hodge would take the time to look at the film of all the teams.

4 Likes

You know you earned a tie when you dominate that much!!! I was pumped too because I thought for sure we were going 0-17

When Dan had his introductory presser….there was a thread on this board asking what coach did Dan remind you of. I was like the 5th or 6th poster to respond and I said “Bill Cowher”….I believe you were the very first poster to heart that. I say that to say that I am very high on Dan and I think, with time, he can get us to a playoff win. I am very high on Brad Holmes too…been saying that I am waiting to see what he does with this draft capital he acquired. That said, I understand that we have to see it in wins and losses….nothing else matters.

1 Like

I agree with you….the funny thing is many fans lumped Jaws and Hodgy with all the other talking heads that they hate! :laughing:

2 Likes