MCDCs comment “it will be on our terms”!

I thought this could be looked at on its own…

I love!! The fact he did this publicly and respectfully but was honest and no BS…

He’s starting to show this attitude we’ve only heard about with regards to parleys and FA wanting to come here

A great breath of honesty and I think long term I will pay off in a good way

4 Likes

I agree when he said that at presser I was YES! finally we have people who say what they are thinking.

Would Gurley maybe help sure will Lions go on bended knee to him NO! It will be on Lions terms if they sign him an thats way should be.

2 Likes

Yep. He was candid when he said they were interested in them. He was candid in how it’s going. If he was going to come in and demand to be the #2 back over Williams or else, sorry pal. If you are willing to compete and if you deserve to be the #2 or even #1 you’ve got to prove you are worthy of the snaps. This isn’t Bevell. You don’t get snaps based on who you used to be here. It’s what you can do right now today. Just assuming on what “Gurley’s terms” were, but he hasn’t shown enough lately to be demanding squat. Jermar will do just fine as our #3 back IMO. He’s hungry and has the juice of a young man. If we end up with another guy to compete, so be it. If not, we’ll live.

3 Likes

Agreed, RB is a young man’s position. I’d much rather give carries to a young back with potential like JJ than an old washed up back like AP or Gurley.

What amazes me the most is that Frank Gore is still playing, lol

And playing well… well I think his time to retire has come

1 Like

I still think they look at Gurley as someone that can come in late in the season if the Lions RBs are banged up an can provide 2-3 key games end of season like CJ Anderson did in the playoffs. Gurley probably wants a million a game or something and the Lions would only pay it if it’s the playoffs and they need 3 games out of him fresh off the couch.

Those are the terms Dan is referring to :-).

1 Like

Bevell will convince Meyer to bring him on board two years from now and give him lead back carries.

2 Likes

Easy to convince Meyer! He just signed Tebow after playing minor league baseball for 5 years. lol

1 Like