Meadows injured, Baddoo recalled.....sigh

Badoo is so bad.
Anyone in the Den could hit better.
You can’t tell me there isn’t a better option somewhere.
Injuries suck, but so does Baddoo.

Tigers manager A.J. Hinch sees Parker Meadows missing “a few weeks” with his right hamstring strain.

With Meadows out, the Tigers will go right back to the same outfield mix they were using a few days ago before calling him up. That should mean more time for Justyn-Henry Malloy, though he’s sitting behind the newly recalled Akil Baddoo today. Matt Vierling also figures to see more of his starts come in the outfield.

1 Like

Baddoo is pretty terrible. He started out on fire but the pitchers must’ve found the Pacific Ocean size hole in his swing. I just hope for the one home run every 18 games or so. I’d prefer Stevie Wonder up there…at least he might unknowingly lean across the plate and take one for the team. Obviously you’d need a pinch runner.

1 Like

It’s nice to have Baez’ glove back out there.

Disagree… I highly doubt @frm710 could hit a 95 mph fastball :joy:

Quick go to the batting cages set to 95 mph and hit record on your phone :wink: upload to the den. You have 24 hrs. Time starts now.

3 Likes

home run baseball GIF by DAZN USA

3 Likes

I wish there were batting cages anywhere close to me.

1 Like

I did in the batting cages 30-40yrs ago, now, yea not happening would be thrilled with just fouling one off.

1 Like

Gonna need some video evidence of this foul tip :laughing:

Why does this sound like this

Game Over Halloween GIF by Animanias

1 Like

3 Likes

On a serious note… I’ve been in the cage with the machine set to 90 mph… it’s ■■■■■■■ fast. I fouled off a couple… but that’s it. And I knew what was being thrown. Now throw in sliders, changeups and splitters. Those pro hitters are so freaken good.

I think hitting might be the most difficult skill in pro sports. Not to mention the ball sometimes is being thrown at your head. I’d probably shit my pants facing some of these mlb pitchers.

Strike 1… ump says where are you going?

Me…shit myself. Will be right back. :joy:

4 Likes

Oh without a doubt I agree 100%.
Ball is coming at you 90+mph and you have a split second to decide swing no swing. Then you hear Miggy, some of the other great hitters, talk about seeing the spin on the ball and knowing what pitch it was…and it processed in a second and then automatic swing not swing.

Baseball is so damn tough and more so now with all the metrics and pitches etc etc etc.

1 Like

Baddoo is a pile of poo.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

2 Likes

I used to do this all the time in my early 20’s. When you start out, yeah, the machine wins and you wonder if you’ll ever get a bat on the ball. After a while you catch up, especially if you do it regularly.

But… that was with it set on 92/93, which was max at the time. And you knew exactly where the pitch was going. And how fast it was… you could time it. But mixing pitches and speeds up to 102 mph and getting the occasional brushback? I can’t imagine the years of work required to maybe hit .050 … much more difficult than trying to keep your drive straight, or swishing four three-pointers in a row.

2 Likes

We just can’t have nice things. He looked good for…three games?

1 Like

Havent swung a bat in a decade or two?

Cage? pshaw

Try and hit infield practice…

Embarrassing.

My buddies play on a wood bat over 50 league. Started 3 years ago.

Every single guy got hurt. Rotator cuff, broken leg, torn arm muscle, lots of hammy and ankles…

I played one game of hardball sandlot like 5 years ago and hit a couple rcf gappers, but comsistently overthrew the cutoff guy…so pretty.much my entire baseall and 25 year league softball career stuck with me.

But hitting 90s+ baseballs
F that noise.

We aint spring chickens, yo.

3 Likes

We’ll get you some roids and you’ll be crushing Dingers in no time. :wink:

And lots of CBD for postgame therapy, it’s legal now.

2 Likes

Here’s my video hitting a dinger at 95mph… :wink:

In the real world… I did rattle the fence for a double in a high school playoff game back in the day… off a kid dealing in the high 80s. It was a pretty cool day….

4 Likes

Kent Murphy!!! Dingers! His youtube channel is worth a look through. His routine on bunting is hilarious

1 Like