Media is comical about this trade

Exactly!
Stafford is good, like Keyshawn said though, he’s only a tick above Goff.
They think they won the lottery but only got one of those fake scratch-off tickets.

I’m going to love to watch the Rams fanbase go nuts when Stafford underwhelms against good teams and they don’t win a playoff game.

2 Likes

I love how everyone tries to explain our offense and the short-passes to our RB’s is supposed to be “an extension of our running game” but then Stafford underwhelms then it’s the run-game, the WR’s, the defense, the special teams, the coach, etc…like every other team is perfect and all this stuff is great on every team but ours.

Exactly, what media outlets were saying Stafford was a loser? Literally 95% of the bashing of Stafford I’ve read is right here on this board. OP is fake news.

No, that’s your interpretation, the Lion’s have tried to build a run game all along and everyone knows it. Best, LeShoure, Bush, Abdullah, KJ, Swift, the constant Oline picks and FAgents.

If your seriously trying to insinuate that coaching, the roster, the organizational structure don’t SIGNIFICANTLY change the dynamics, the success or failure of a QB, then your about to see. Evidently the history of the league isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Let me go on record as saying we at least broke even at QB…

Neither player had a stellar rookie showing, nor played a full seasons.

Look closely at years 2-3, and then 3-4. Stafford didn’t break 100 passer rating in a season til year 11, Goff did it years 2 and 3

Stafford also had a rough year 4/5 five, but Goffs was actually better. We didn’t cut bait on Matt like McVay did is all.

Does anyone else remember Kiper and McVay arguing Stafford was the 7-8 best prospect in the draft, over and over. Many thought Aaron Curry made more sense.

Why?

That 51 to 33 TD to INT ratio he carries in college with NFL talent all around him… That sub 60%
Completion percentage. That sub 8.0 ypa. A super low 138 rating in college

Fast forward-

-he has 282 TD to 144 INT not good…
-he has career 62% comp not good…
-he has a terrible 7.2 ypa not good…
-he has a career passer rating of 89, not good…

Needless to say, Goff is better in every category.

2 Likes

I can see that but I think the 49ers with good health are the Conference favorites. Jimmy is merely decent but that roster is absolutely stacked. Since their last run Mostert has emerged, they have both Ayiuk and Deebo now. They seem like a sleeping Giant to me.

Stafford is better than 2015 Manning who won the Super Bowl.

Not until he wins the SB. Until then he empirically worse.