Media Reports Lions game will be Naggy's last as Bears Coach

Not terribly surprising.

1 Like

Damn.

The rest of the NFCN will really miss Coach Nagy. The Packers should put him in their ring of honor next to Matt Millen.

4 Likes

Only if the Lions win! If the Bears win, he won’t be fired, that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard lately. The media is so full of shit, imagine an owner telling a head coach you will be fired regardless of winning or losing on Thursday, good luck in your final game. No chance that happened. They might have said if you lose, you are fired though, that makes sense.

2 Likes

Unless The HC is the one deciding to do it…. Both teams get a long week now after this game, yes?

Nagy denied this in his press conference, fwiw.

As i have stated guys…this is a guaranteed win for the Lions. Put all your money down!!!

1 Like

Has there ever been a head coach fired midseason after a win in nfl history? I can’t think of one.

Bears owner sending Goodell and refs a bunch of cash to make sure of it! The Lions might finally get some calls! The Bears clearly want Nagy out. It might be a good bet, I’m still too scared to bet money on the Lions though.

We got a bunch of calls in the Pittsburg game. Still didn’t help.

1 Like

I hope we win

I want us to win

I think we should win

But…. That have not only call the plays but go out and make the plays!!

Well, my history with fired head coaches is that the team always has a HUGE motivational game the one after the coach is fired.

My Cal team was on their way to the rose bowl when a bad Arizona team fired their HC and they won. I think Deshaun Jackson and Jahvid Best were on that team.

I’ve seen it a few other times as well.

Maybe it’s better they haven’t fired Nagy yet as this team will subconciously want to quit on him so that he is not retained.

3 Likes

I don’t think it will be subconcious.

1 Like

imagine losing to a team that can’t throw 5-yard passes

1 Like

I hope we win

I want us to win

I think we should win

But…. That have not only call the plays but go out and make the plays!!

1 Like

So Naggy’s son plays football for Lake Forest HS. They are currently in the playoffs and during the last game, the opposing team started cheering “Fire Matt Nagy”…OUCH

1 Like

Sry - but that’s pathetic…

And we wonder why the world sucks today…… it’s a stupid game folks….

3 Likes

A persons fortunes tend to take a sharp turn after facing us. Hell, he might walk away from the game with a 10 year contract valued at 15 million per year.

1 Like

I remember when UM lost to MSU and the AD got fired after the game. Ah, good times. :sunglasses:

Yes, its just a game. Just like the chant they were doing…at a game. Its sports, and it cuts both ways.

I agree Nagy has struggled as coach recently. But, his win/loss record with the Bears would put him in the Lions hall of fame. He’s 31-27 overall with the Bears.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Reminds me of a certain Coach Caldwell. The Bears will fire him this year and then immediately regret it when they go 2-15 next year, haha.

Firing coaches with winning records doesn’t often pan out well if you study nfl history.

1 Like