Media Reports Lions game will be Naggy's last as Bears Coach

10-6 Lovie Smith was fired by the Bears who then went to 8-8 in 2013, 5-11 2014, 6-10 2015…

3 Likes

Yes sir! Firing winning coaches has to be dumbest thing an owner could ever do. We lived through it with the Caldwell firing.

3-13 in 2016.

1 Like

It’s Thanksgiving and I’m thinking…

The Bear’s players will be Thankful that Nagy loses and gets fired…
The Lions and their fans will be Thankful that they get their first win and it’s against the fucking Bears!

Nagy and most Bear fans will be upset that they lost to the Lions…And for that I will also be Thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving to The Den!

2 Likes

The Chargers fired a 14-2 head coach.

1 Like

I get that this makes me sound crazy but if Nagy gets fired I’d consider him at OC.

1 Like

Mohler (sp) firing too, tbh

1 Like

Yep, ur right Wes! Forgot all about that, how’d that work out for them? lol

Not the worst idea i’ve heard, he’s got a winning record as head coach and is an offensive coach. But, as I type that, it sounds more and more like A. Lynn, lol. Fair point though CH!

I also think the Lions talent level on offense, especially the skill positions is so bad, it’s hard to fully understand how good or bad these coaches are.

A. Lynn looked much better with a QB that can move in the pocket and is a dual threat QB. Goff is not that guy. We need an offensive coach that caters towards pocket passers.

Beware the Coach Brought In to Take a Winning But Not Fully Successful Team Over the Hump to a Championship - hire.

The Red Wings pulled it off, firing Bryan Murray and bringing in Scotty Bowman. But that was bringing in a legend who’d won multiple Cups.

More often than not, it works out like it did post-Lovie and Caldwell.

1 Like

Nagy is way more of a schematic nerd than Lynn. Remember all those mad scientist media pieces with Nagy during his first year with The Bears. How he was a total white board addict.

But he was an Andy Reid OC so we can’t be certain about the play calling aspect.

1 Like

I was referring to the NFL, but that’s a valid point #54 across sports. These are the den conversations I love having. Debate with quality points, cheers @Spiel54man

And go Red Wings!

2 Likes

All valid points, what the Lions really need IMO is to hire an OC that is great with developing young QB’s. And someone that has experience doing it because MC/DC is gonna draft a young rookie QB sooner rather than later in this rebuild.

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for… growing contingent of the rams fire McVay threads because his play calling is so questionable

1 Like

We’ll that settles it for me. Lions will lose to a coach who immediately gets fired. That’s so Lions.

2 Likes