Mel Kiper on “The Trade Up”

Keyshawn has been a jackass very consistently his entire public life. He brings just about nothing, to every conversation, ever.

5 Likes

Cutting.

Luke Bryan Drinking GIF by Two Lane Brewing

1 Like

I was getting overwhelmed with all the chatter and conjecture prior to the draft, but now with the dust settled and the draft over I feel really good…even confident.

It’s not so much that we’ll have more wins and losses than folks expect, my confidence comes from having an administration and staff that’s acquitting themselves quite well thus far.

I’m excited to see this team win…and win soon.

4 Likes

It was really interesting to hear warren sapp talk about him after they won the super bowl in 02. Sapp is not a fan.

2 Likes

Aqib got some love in the favorite announcers post a couple months ago. Have to admit that i tuned him out until seeing some posters say he understands the game well. He really does.

1 Like

I think he gets flack for taking a hit of helium just before he starts speaking.

Which reminds me…

Sporty Smurf!

Who else was in the game thread when that was coined?

4 Likes

Yup → Impact players can make other players more impactful.
Chark, St Brown, Swift, will get much more freedom to roam and make more impact. All of them become more impactful. I think Chark is gonna perform and get an extension. We’ve got some legit speed on offense now. I’d love ot have one more legit speed back (ideally with some durability as well as power).

Swift was the main focal point last year. This year, ppl would be crazy to focus on the run. Our WRs are going to create so much more space. We may end up running quite a bit more than fans want to see. LOL. Rip off 6 yards at a time…wear them down. They have to double J-Dub. I like Chark in man coverage, as well as St Brown. You can’t double everyone.

1 Like

Hilarious, bro.

They are until they win the division title or a playoff game

1 Like

NO, THEY ARE NOT YOUR DADDY’S LIONS!

They still suck. But we do it different now.

2 Likes

It’s now locally sourced, fair-trade artisanal sucking, lovingly crafted by people who really put their heart and soul into sucking.

6 Likes

I totally can see the perception.
Also, I hold the perception that things are being done far differently than they ever have in the past, which IMO, makes this totally different.

It’s not a perception it’s a fact.

For 3 DECADES the Lions have been at best Mediocre - Fact
For 3 decades they have not won a playoff game - Fact
For 3 decades the Lions have not won a division title- Fact
The Lions won less than 4 games under Campbell last year which is far less than the typical 7-9 thru 9-7 games that is the hallmark Lions for the Last 3 decades - Fact

None of that is perception…it is all factual. And until they do better than that they are AT BEST the same Lions we have watched for three decades…

It is YOUR OPINION/PERCEPTION/HOPE/GUESS that they are going to be better than what they have been…but until they have proven otherwise they are the SOL

Last year under Campbell they were not even good enough to claim the title of SOL. It would be an exaggeration to say they were “my fathers Lions”. My fathers Lions usually won more than 4 games

They are the SOL until they prove otherwise not just when fans drunk on Hi Proof Blue Koolaid declare otherwise

Why do you hate America so much?
Comrade.

6 Likes

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 Like

Pumpkins are orange → Fact
Tomatoes are red (when fully developed–> fact
The earth is round AF (spherical, actually) → fact
These facts have been facts for centuries, man → Fact
It is not perception (sort of), it’s facts.
Still has nothing to do with this year’s team, bruh. :wink:

Do I need to start every single post with…It is my opinion?
From this day forward, please assume that all words coming out of my mouth are my opinions…just for clarity and trigger avoidance. :wink:

The projection…whew. I don’t hold the same opinion as you. Your opinion is no more “fact” than my opinion. We are basing our model of the world on different criteria.

Nobody has to agree with anybody.
However, the inability to see where another person is coming from will cause you pain. Expecting your blueprint of the world from others will cause you disappointment.

Pumpkins are orange! FACT!
This year’s Lions are NOT last year’s Lions! Fact! It is literally impossible. New players, new OC, etc, etc, etc. If you want to cling to your one defining metric of w/l column…that’s your right.

This is America, baby. Winners get to do what they want. I chose to live in a fun and uplifting world.

It would take me way too much energy for me to get into this with you. I’d ask you to look through your words and see if you find even a remote possibility that you are projecting here. If not…ah well. Maybe you catch me on a day where I feel like spending more energy on it eventually…getting less likely all the time.

Last time I was trying to explain the way I felt, I had a dude in my inbox telling me I was lying, and that I don’t really feel how I feel. Some of you handsome MF’rz are crazy AF.

1 Like

If we win at a level above SOL I will guzzle Hi Proof Blue Kool-Aid with you brother. I will buy.

Until then I am in “Show Me” mode

I can appreciate that. Also, I appreciate you, bro. Thank you for that response. Sensible and reasonable.

I’ve seen people just lashing out because I’m too positive…some of the same dudes lashing out because I’m too negative (you heard that right). People LITERALLY telling me that I don’t feel the way I feel. Tiring.

I really appreciated this response.
Thanks for being cool, man.

1 Like

Dude I appreciate you and the positivity you bring.

I hope you are right about the leadership. I truly do.

I just am not there yet until I see some results.

In the meantime I am the Ying to your Yang

3 Likes