Michigan Panthers

First I heard about expanding to Toronto, source? These things usually travel in pairs. So what’s the other site? Montreal, Vancover, US city, London?

St. Louis. Part of the NFL’S settlement with the city rather than potentially shelling out billions of dollars.

It was a big thread in R nfl over on reddit like a week ago, ill find the source, but the league wants to expand to 36. London, Toronto, St Louis, and San Antonio

Take it for what it’s worth.

A team in London would

1. Suuuuuck to travel to.
  2. Have a MASSIVE home field advantage.
  3. Suuuucks to have teams playing at 9am.

Hate the London idea.

4 Likes

Where did you hear that?? That is some intriguing news for sure!

Never mind I saw it further down…wow that would be something

If you think you hate it as a fan, imagine as a player getting taxed 45% of your income. Unless the NFL is going to make some allowance on the salary cap, or cover the income tax, as well as the other exorbitant taxes and fees, expect difficulties in getting players to sign.

This is also notwithstanding briefing players on the laws they will be expected to abide by in a sovereign foreign country, health and safety shutdowns which could completely train wreck the entire NFL schedule, so on and so forth. London and Toronto are really bad ideas.

1 Like

All good points, man.

1 Like

Dentist who lives in Ontario, and try 53% at the top income bracket homie. It sucks, can confirm. That being said, Toronto has 6 million people in the GTA, the NFL isn’t going to say no to that market forever, it works fine in hockey and baseball, football won’t be any different. London on the other hand is going to be messy, it’s just too far. Away games would suck hard for the London players as well. I remember hearing the idea might be to base them out of a Florida facility during road weeks.

1 Like

Whoa! Ask and ye shall receive. Thanks for the info. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Unless a division of London, Paris, Rome & Berlin.

An away game would suuuuuuck, every time they played outside of their division.
I’m not a fan. If they want to start a league, let 'em have euro league, then the winner of the Euro Bowl can play the winner of the Super Bowl for the World Bowl title.

I don’t like the idea of euro teams.

1 Like

I always thought Toronto should have a team. I would root for them. One of my favorite teams in north America

1 Like

Knights for London, for sure.

St Louis- Ribs? Riots? Retreads? Gotta stick w that R.

San Antonio- Alamos? River Bandits? Toros? Gunslingers if they can swing it from the defunct USFL team.

Toronto? I mean, why not Rough Riders? It’s sorta like the dystopian future in Demolition Man where all restaurants are Taco Bell.

2 Likes

For the love of all that’s holy, yes.

San Antonio Saint Antonios, London Bridges, St Louis CKs, and the Toronto Gentle Riders. (We would never ride rough, as you know were super polite up here!

1 Like

In the new tradition of finding team names that one can not possibly ever be offended by, your suggestions have all been summarily rejected and replaced by the following…

St. Louis Daffodils
Toronto Sandhill Cranes*
London Gardeners
San Antonio Armadillos*

*teams employing animals as mascots will have 10% of ticket sales donated to a wildlife fund :grinning:

1 Like

Did you ever think that the person who named those little shelled rats was trying to say Armored Dildos and had a bad accent that was misinterpreted, kinda like how names changed at Ellis Island for immigrants?

I wonder about these things. Maybe my history studies are not being put to the best use.

Or are they?

grinch smile GIF

2 Likes

Sorry to bump an old ass thread, but I can’t sleep. It doesn’t value a new thread, just a curiosity so I’ll dump it here.

Anywho, flying through the channels, came across the replay of NJ / MiCH at Ford Field this past weekend. Noticed that they’re still kicking up shredded tires.

Thought a new field was coming in.