Mid-Combine Mock Off-Season… lil side of Crow?

First off what a difference a week makes….

Time to embrace the rumors of Big V and Romeo as likely favorites to restructure, and likely save us 6-7M I. 23’…. I’d say it’s quite probable that Jonah Jackson gets a long term deal before week 1 as well….

• what does this mean? That our DL and OL are a starting a DT, and a viable long term solution at RG, that can backup C/RG away from being rock solid…

• the Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, D Watson, K Murray, and now Daniel Jones debacles and drama- all bode to seriously looking at QB at #6…. I know- CROW! After watching Stroud and Richardson work out, it’s hard to ignore the logic…. Bryce won’t be there, and I can’t get behind Levis…but the other 2 have my attention if the opportunity presents itself-

• when DC is quoted as saying Goff won’t be here in 10 years, it’s clear they have discussed his potential tenure here… I bet Buffalo or KC aren’t going on record saying the same thing despite their QBs similar ages?

Here we go!
…………………………………………………………………

Restructure- Romeo and Big V- saves 7M

Re-Sign- Comish, Swaggy, W Harris, Buggs, J Jackson

• Comish- 3 yrs 20M (12M G) - 4M- 23’

• Swaggy- 3 years 14M (8M G)- 3M- 23’

• W Harris- 2 years 5M (3M G)- 2M- 23’

• I Buggs- 3 years 9M (5M)- 2.5M- 23’

• J Jackson- 1 year 1.5M

• Kramer- 1M

• Benito- 1M

• Wright- 1M

• R Woods- 2 years 12M (6M G)- 4M- 23’

• B Wagner- 2 years 22M (10M G)- 8M- 23’

• Patrick Peterson- 2 years 15M (7M G)- 5M- 23’

• plus 8 draft picks… 14.5M pool

We could make that work for about 48M in 2023…

We have 23M now and 6M if we release Cabinda and C Harris… so 29M- plus 7M on restructures- that’s 36MM

• there are 47 guys under contract now, 45 after 2 mentioned cuts…. Gotta get to 32 after accounting for the 19 above listed draft picks and signings!

• those 13 that will no longer count against the cap creates another 11M…. Pretty close to exactly what we’d need…. IF WE NEED MORE WE ADD A YEAR AND MOVE MONEY AROUND DECKER AND RAGS…

————————————————————————

DRAFT-

1. Stroud or AR15- I know…. Crow
  2. TRADE (#18 from DET for #22 and #86 Bal)- Bijan
  3. K Benton
  4. Sydney Brown
  5. Andrew Voorhees
  6. Owen Pappoe
  7. Charlie Jones
  8. Luke Schoonmaker
  9. Jake Moody

QB- Goff/AR15/UDFA

RB- Bijan/Swaggy/Swift/J Jackson

WR- Jamo/ASB/R Woods/Reynolds/Raymond/C Jones

TE- J Mitchell/B Wright/Schoonmaker

OT- Decker/Sewell/Awosika

OG- J Jackson/Big V/A Voorhees/Kraemer

OC- Ragnow

Edge- Hutch/Da Problem/JOK

NT- K Benton/Buggs/Benito

DT- McNeill/Levi

BDE- Comish/Paschal/Romeo

LB- B Wagner/Barnes

LB- Rodrigo/Pappoe

CB- Peterson/Jacobs

CB- Okudah/Jacobs

NB- W Harris/T Walker

SS- S Brown/T Walker

FS- K Joseph/Iffy

• we walk into 2024 with Goff as viable trade chip, or he keeps rolling…. We need CB, OG, DT and that’s it?
2 Likes

homer simpson crow GIF

1 Like

I heard about Big V not about Romeo an Levi I expect is done .

I think your FA picks are not likely. Maybe a UFA cheap QB is likely an maybe a OG with experience.

It will be interesting seeing FA . I think its mainly are UFAs will be the signing with maybe couple 1 year show me players an one surprizr signing an no not super big money.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think Jonah gets extended. Franchised tagged next year and likely let him go. Paying 3 offensive lineman big money is enough.

I already know the responses I’m gonna get lol. I just think that’s what’s going to happen. Doesn’t mean I am right though

Entirely possible…

If we do go QB- I’d think securing LG long term will happen….

Goff- 31M AAV
Swaggy- 4.5M AAV
ASB- 1.5M AAV
Jamo- 3.5M AAV

• R Woods- 6M AAY
    Decker- 20M AAV
    J Jackson- 6.5M AAV
    Ragnow- 14.5M AAV
    Big V- 8M AAV
    Sewell- 7M AAV
    Mitchell- 1M AAV

103MM- that would be our starting O over the next 2 years at 103MM AAV….

Backup QB- 2M
-Bijan- 3M
Swift- 2.5M……… gone 24’
J Jackson- 1.5M
Reynolds- 4M……… gone 24’
Raymond- 4M……… gone 24’
Rookie WR- 1M
Wright- 1M
Zylstra- 1M
Awosika- 1M
Kraemer- 1M

• Charlie Jones- 1M

• Voorhees- 1.5M

• 24M

So there is 127MM even with Jackson extension- in 23’

However in 24’ about 11am falls off and that brings the O down to 116M…. Or equal half of roster.

Why does going QB translate into signing an OLineman?

And it would be surprising if going into 2024 we are gonna make Sewell and ARSB play on the last year of their rookie deals. They are cornerstone/franchise players.

You posted earlier in the thread you think Jonah is going to get an extension this off-season. So they are gonna extend Jonah Jackson early, but not ARSB & Sewell?

Doesn’t make sense

1 Like

The Trifecta:

QB in 1rst round
RB in 1rst round
Mock trade down

Joaquin Phoenix GIF by Golden Globes

2 Likes

Our coaches are following their own plan → not at all paying attention to how others are xoing it.

I really feel we could totally flop on our 1a pick & still be perfectly fine. That said, Brad is prolly not gonna flop

1 Like

What about the extra 8-10mil we need to go into the season with?

1 Like

Restructure Decker and Ragnow…

Eagles and Chiefs are both OVER the cap right now…. It takes good players to go from 9 wins to 12-13…

The same team we had last year plus Darnell Washington, Gonzalez, Bijan, Sydney Brown and some free agency activity and we are in much better shape

2 Likes

Rashad Penny
interested rubbing hands GIF

Stafford is the longest tenured Lion QB in 60 years, and he was here for 12 years.
In that time he had 3 Head Coaches and 4 OC’s.
We have not had a HC make it 10 years in the last 50 years.
It’s a safe bet that neither Goff or Campbell will be here in 10 years.
It’s hardly a mic drop statement.

You gotta admit the chips have been falling out way pretty perfectly if we are to believe the inside the den videos. If he hits another home run with all the picks, esp cost considering our board is allegedly so small we are probably ordained.

I’m willing to go Defense instead of bijan. I think Scottie Montgomery might serve well for the deandre swift reclamation project.

The only issue would be swifts second contract. But i don’t think it’s that big a deal to replace swift. Franchise him if we’re that desperate.

1 Like

I would agree on goff…i think he is here 7 years still though around retirement time …i feel mcdc and holmes will get 10 years plus…it would be great means shit is going great.

1 Like

I get that. But if you are using Goff “not being the QB here in 10 years” as justification to consider drafting one early….and the new guy will be nearly Goffs age at the end of his rookie deal- the. I think we can coonect some dots?

We might take a QB in 1…

Goff extension talk hasn’t surfaced outside of the Den…

We aren’t drafting a first round QB to save money, and paying an additional 31M in 2024 to Goff?

If we draft a QB in 1, the intent will be to trade Goff and start that QB in 24’… or drafting one is purely ignorant

I hope! That would mean we’ve been competitive for 10+ years.

1 Like

Welcome to the Dark Side :sunglasses:

I actually like your first round. Some will hate it because of the risk, and they could be right, but what it does is give us a real identity on offense with cornerstone players. They will also hate it because its all offense. I’d probably go heavy on D the rest of the way to make up for that.

The best thing about this is we have this whole debate and he doesn’t even make it to 6!

Lol….

If the Lions had AR15, Bijan Robinson, Darnell Washington, M Bergeron, and AT Perry…

1. We’d have a great leader in his prime. Fighting for a top pay day or a trade of his choice. - keeping in mind I’d prefer to extend Goff and draft a guy later… I’m just considering Dan might not be as impressed and invested?

2. We’d have a freakishly talented backup, special packages QB, and upside monster with 1-2 years to develop without stress. I bet the AR15 is worth a first rounder next year, or Goff is worth at least a first after another great year… since I don’t LOVE any one player at #6, I’d hedge my bet at QB potentially…

3. Bijan and Darnell are dudes!!! Massive blocking, receiving, and redzone uogrades at TE, and explosive rushing and dynamic receiving skills at RB…

4. A RG upgrade with youth and some tackle versatility.

5. A 6’4” WR with 4.4 speed and TD machine?

• sure we ignore the D…but

Way better at RB
Way better at TE
Deeper or better at QB
Similar or better at WR between Jamo and AT vs Chark
Better at OG and OT in my opinion.

• keep in mind we saved 10-12M on Chark and 4-5M on Swaggy right?

So…. EVERY PENNY GOES TO D??? CB, DT, CB?