Mike Hughes 2 year deal w/ ATL

Back with his old coach I guess. I liked him more than a lot of people. He was solid for KC 2 years ago, and he was better last year for us than most of our guys back there (not saying much but still).

Quality depth guy that can start. Good for them

2 Likes

You can say that again!

LOL

2 Likes

As an outside CB , he was decent
Not covering the slot . He was really bad there

He was the opposite of Will Harris

4 Likes

He has some good moments

2 Likes

The Lions have upgraded the CB position, but with Mosley on a 1 year deal and Okudah on the final year of his contract, still need to do more.

3 Likes

We can get Okudah in the fifth year option

2 Likes

Do we want too?

4 Likes

At this point I’m not sure. Does anyone know when the deadline is for fifth year options?

Early May

3 Likes

Right after the draft…

1 Like

Ok thanks guys. That’s some good info to know

Its interesting they made this move even after I took Christian Gonzalez for them in the mock draft. Did we not forward the results to them so they know Christian is coming?

1 Like

@Mr.Peabody Oooooh a power struggle brewing in ATL it seems

Coach wants his old guy, GM wants young buck

I’d say that’s a “no” from me.

Depends on how he does this season, I would think.
He stayed healthy for a full season, and played good, for a rookie. That was nice to see.
He has to repeat that and show some growth.

Hughes was one of the worst corners in nfl statistically speaking last year… I think the only guy worse was AO. Addition by subtraction getting rid of those 2.

Okudah would cost $11.5m to pick up his option. Already this year he has the 13th highest cap hit among CBs, and with next year’s number he’d be pushing the top 10. Given that the decision needs to be made before he plays another down, there’s no way he’s worth that.

I’d also venture that if the staff had high hopes for Okudah then Moseley wouldn’t have been signed.

I think there’s only a small chance we can trade him too, he’d cost the acquiring team about $5m (with $5m dead cap for the Lions), which combined with his injury history and inconsistency on the field isn’t a very attractive package.

1 Like

He definitely wasn’t somebody I wanted out there defending anyone half decent that’s for sure.

1 Like

Best case scenario would be we trade #6 and Okudah to Raiders for #7 and 3rd round pick if they wanted Levis

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.