Miscommunication in the Secondary

I see the miscommunication in the secondary has not stopped. Multiple times today the team had Will Harris playing leverage to the side where there was no safety help. Then a bunch of pointing between the safeties and corners. I thought firing Pleasant was supposed to fix that.

So - is this on the players at this point? Coaches? Scheme? What do we think? Bevause this defense cannot get a stop to save their life when it counts

2 Likes

I think alot…not all…of the miscommunication is a result of the turnstile of player we are continuously rotating through. Hard to have any consistency when the line-up changes every game and multiple times during the game.

I think some week to week consistency would go along way to helping solve this issue.

4 Likes

Also there was a stat shown during the game that stated the Lions are the only team to force the Bills to have 3 consecutive 3 and puts this season.

Think that type of play is something we can build upon going forward.

2 Likes

Spot on, Walker was the captain of the secondary, he gone. Then Okudah is out again, Jacobs left the game. Elliot left the game and did come back. Kerby, who is a rookie is basically in charge of the communication in the back end. That’s gonna have some real learning curves unfortunately.

We also had 7 ints in the last 4 games, so it’s not all bad.

2 Likes

Kerby is also very very raw so having him be the voice of the secondary at this point would be worrisome

1 Like

Losing Jerry when we did was the turning point to me in this game. He was playing Diggs very physically and when he went down we lost that and Diggs started having success.

If he doesn’t go down I think we win this game!

6 Likes

I don’t think the Defense could have played any better especially without Okuduh. The Defense kept us in the game.

4 Likes

Yep, exactly was actually proud of the defense, I was expecting the Bill to put 40+ on us to be honest.

QB runs continue to kill us… we gotta fix that!

2 Likes

The offense spotted the Bills 5 points with the safety and missed FG.

1 Like

The safety was huge thinking back… shit if we run the ball there, we prob win the game!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.