Monarrez says the Lions should move on from Swift

Swift needs his own meme

but he’s got to earn it.

2 Likes

YUP! If Swift was tougher and more durable, I’d be elated with him. He is neither.
I’d be all in on getting Gibby, if the opportunity presents itself.
An offnes that has
-J-Moss
-Gibby
-Ra
with our OL…
that’s fun to think about.

1 Like

Season 4 Dunder Mifflin Infinity GIF by The Office

I’d keep swift through next season and then play comp pick game if he wants outrageous $.

Two years he will be a ram!

1 Like

He looks so much different than earlier in the year. I don’t know if its attitude or just being gimpy/rusty.

2 Likes

Season 2 Morty Smith GIF by Rick and Morty

This is what i would throw out if he busts one but his demeanor has been off with the reduced work load as others have mentioned.

My RB depth chart is JW, JJ and Swifty, but I’d make JJ my starting RB because he is a “complete” back, a threat to catch a pass. JW is the short yardage guy, Swifty is the change of pace back.

JJ had an RAS of 8.84 and it could have been much higher had he not chosen to check every box. He did the bench, and got a 1.73 score for his result. You know how many guys do the bench when they KNOW it ain’t gonna be pretty. But he also chose to do the 3 cone and short shuttle and graded “Elite” in those, Swifty passed on all 3 of those and had a 7.55 RAS. I just see a guy with great vision that has been able to run to daylight. He’s not tentative, Swifty is and that’s OK IF you are waiting for the opening. In his case it seems like the opening is gone before he commits too many times.

Swift is struggling imho with his current limitations…. He thinks he is a RB1 and he play says different…. But you can see him starting to accept his changing role……

I love what they are doing with him, balancing the person vs the player….

And, the whole team know they are not safe with the trade of Hock….

Swift will adjust to his new role or he will not. This fact and who is available in the next draft will determine if he stay of goes for me

I mentioned wishing we’d dealt him at the deadline considering he’s our 3rd best RB

Draft a rb with either the 2nd 2nd or the 3rd rd pick. Keep swift and jj and resign jw. Theres your 4. Netflix can go to practice squad after he recovers. Swift can walk after next season. Collect bean for said walking.

1 Like

Whatever he says, do the opposite.

2 Likes

I really think Jackson can be a 1B.

Chargers fotnsick of him being hurt, so we should keep both next year and like now, ride 1 while the other is down.

1 Like

He fumbles a lot, IIRC that was his big drawback in SD.

He has exactly 1 fumble in his career.

2 Likes

Well alrighty, not sure where I got that idea.

1 Like

He would, but, he just doesn’t care. Football hurts.

I’m just as shocked as you are. I can’t believe he only has 1?
We must be thinking of the same guy, but, who? Has to be in the last 3 years.

Swift showed what he was capable of early in the season, but since he’s been back from injury, he seems to have forgotten everything he spent the offseason working on. I’m not going to question any NFL player’s heart while I’m sitting here on my ass typing on a computer, but I have to agree with the folks who believe the problem is between his ears.

In any case, there’s no reason to dump a guy who will be playing under a reasonable contract next year, who has his skill set and at least can be effective. Yes, we should draft at least one RB (probably a shiftier guy) and draft or acquire one or two others. And then bring everybody to camp and see how things shake out. The position is too injury-prone to just dump somebody like Swift unless there’s 3-4 other guys who’ve clearly beaten him out on the depth chart.

1 Like

His name is …

We also have Greg Bell signed thru 2024.

a can of nuts and a bag of Doritos.