Monsters of the midwest

Back in the day the bears were the monsters of the midway, playing a formidable and extremely tough defense. I’d love for teams to be afraid of playing the Lions. I think we’ve started taking our first steps. We have to continue planting that flag as time goes on. You can’t win every game, but I definitely don’t want another new england or crapping the bed in the last 2 minutes anymore.

4 Likes

I’d like to see a return of the Silver Rush, which set the Lions all-time record for sacks in a single season with 55.

2 Likes

If we still somehow manage to snag Carter and Romeo can return to form we may be there.

Hutchinson, Houston, Romeo, Paschal, Jalen Carter, Alim McNeil, Cominsky, and maybe even Levi could be a very talented and deep group.

1 Like

Lol you had me till Levi
Oh No Reaction GIF

5 Likes

I got this feeling Levi is going to surprise some people next year!

2 Likes

Ok I e been told that the last 2 years, the only surprise will be if even plays. And if he plays it means we suck again at that position.

1 Like

We will see next year Mouse!! After 2 seasons everyone said the same about Stafford and Okudah. I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again, but I got a feeling he’s gonna surprise.

2 Likes

The Kool-Aid is strong with this one….

Attack Of The Clones Wisdom GIF by Star Wars

2 Likes

We truly haven’t seen Levi healthy since hes been drafted. I think the first hurdle is to get over this back injury. IF he can do that we will see if he can show some potential.

As I mentioned before, this front office should be going into the off-season expecting nothing from Levi. Let him prove he belongs.

3 Likes

I’m not counting on much from Romeo. He wasn’t makings many plays last year before his injury.

More like “shock”, if that were to happen.
Although, many of us had written Stafford off after the second bionic shoulder.
Shoulders and back, are very different.
Personally, I think he’d be a fool to ever set foot on a football field, again.

to be fair… not many Lions defensive players were making plays in the first 2 games last year.

They played the 49ers and Packers…. with Jamie Collins loafing around the field and with really poor play at the DT position by Nick Williams and Brockers.

Okwara did get a sack in week 3 when the entire defense played better following the benching of Collins.

1 Like

Im not holding my breath when it comes to Levi. Buuuuut…Most of us were giving up on Stafford after those brutal first two years and somehow the guy turned inti an iron man. So you never know.

1 Like

From your keyboard to God’s ears, I hope this happens.

What we do with our first 3 picks will tell you what they think of Levi. If we have a new DT early, the verdict is in.

1 Like

I think they gotta plan on him never playing again, and if he does, then it’s just gravy!

time gravy GIF

1 Like

That’s why he said “I got this feeling”…. :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Oh yeah. I remember that season. They started 4-0, did that stupid video and finished 5-7. They let a little bit of success go to their heads and fell on their faces. They-in essence-choked on their own koolaid. I might sound a bit harsh, but I was pissed. If I had any emotions left I’d still be pissed about that season.
They won a few games and got cocky-even arrogant-and flat out choked. I had positive expectations for this team. This was the beginning of the slow dying of my enthusiasm for this team. Since then it’s been one high hope after another getting snuffed out. Slowly strangled. Now It’s a few levels below ‘guarded enthusiasm’.

Well, he will certainly be well rested.

1 Like

Stafford showed ability from day one step back in a game with broken collar bone to throw a winning TD. Okaduh work hard to get back on the field as fast as he did. And also showed promise and a really good work ethic.

Levi has shown nothing when he has been able to get on the field he is not very good, gets pushed around easily and has 0 pass rush instincts. Heath is not his only problem. The guy was drafted on projection of what he might can do not on anything he did.