Most hated team?

Easy…Packers and Cowboys…'nuff said.

7 Likes

Hated the Viqueens since the days of Tarkington. Hate, HATE!..Talking hate here!

Then the Pack & Bears. Oh, then the 'boys.

5 Likes

Its the Packers by a mile…but…
that’s because they’ve been good for so long.
Its actually whoever is dominant in the NFC North…
Back when Ditka was leading the Bears, I hated the Bears more.
In the 90’s when the Vikings had a few good years, they were right up there with the Packers.
Others are the Cowboys and the Bucs (former division rivals count as well).

Packers are by far my most hated followed by the Vikings, Bears and Cowboys in that order.

2 Likes

I’m still smiling.

2 Likes

I was at that game.

I have kind of an interesting feel for this one, because I weirdly judge teams based on the (limited) knowledge I have of their fanbases.

While smug, and often ignorant of their ludicrous luck in getting Hall of Fame QBs for 40 straight years, Packer fans are typically pretty nice in other contexts.

The Viking fans I know also tend to be pretty cool people, and they have been languishing in the dreaded ‘middle zone’ for many years. They are OK, not awesome, but not bad enough to get good draft picks either. Cousins is their QB, they had Bridgewater, etc. Very ‘meh’ overall.

On the other side, Bears fans tend to be more abrasive, and ready to ‘twist the knife’ when their team is slightly better than yours. But, they have been really bad for a long time, so those are some older memories.

Cowboy fans tend to think that they are going to be awesome every year, and then aren’t. So, that has been kind of fun to watch for the last 10+ years.

To answer the original question, I am honestly just sick of the packers winning so much. I wish we could have nice things too. Hate seems too strong, but maybe I am too even-keeled for this question…

3 Likes

Easy for me, Cowgirls and Packers.

1 Like

8 Likes

Packers and their snot colored uni’s , Bears and their toilet seat logo , and dumb-ass "Bear Down !!! chant.

1 Like

Easy: The Detroit Lions. Many other teams are annoying and I experience great levels of schadenfreude when they lose, but no other team has more of an emotional grip on me that has led to levels of hatred towards the things they have done than the team I love the most.

It is a fine line between love and hate.

1 Like

For me it has always been the packers as I was raised in UP and it was full of detroit fans who conveniently all became packer fans but still loved the red wings and other Detroit teams during their good years.

Then they talked a ton of trash after getting two HOF QB’s back to back. Was also treated like shit at lambeau a few times. I’m okay with trash talking but dudes pushing and shoving you is a bit far.

The Bears have become my #2 simply bc their fans are ridiculous and act like it’s still the 80’s.

see, he didn’t hold onto the ball thru the process. the process being carrying it to the bench, into the shower after the game, and the drive home.

5 Likes

League has literally invented rules to hand us losses.
it has happened to other teams, but not like it does to the Lions. Insanity.

2 Likes

and while I think conspiracy theories are fun but should be taken with a grain of salt, I always ALWAYS come around to that dallas game where they picked up the flag. faceguarding? ok fine. didn’t call holding either? okay…fine I guess. Offensive player running right on the field without a helmet yelling at an official while the defense was on the field? that’s actually a ‘can’t argue’ flag, that didn’t get thrown.
Now, we were still in the drivers seat as it were with that game, but that series of events was absolutely deflating to the team.

3 Likes

100%

2 Likes

Nice! :+1:

Snyder’s team

Snyder yes, 'Skins, no.

I loved “The Hogs” and our group may be next in line.

That and the New Orleans playoff game in 2011. They took points away. They took first downs away. Mis marked yardage gained.
The (headhunting) Saints couldn’t commit a penalty, but, the Lions got penalties for the looks on their faces.