Most Underrated Players (Stafford tops the list)

Mahommes in the Superbowl was not a normal situation and very few QB’s will ever see something similar.

1 Like

What I saw in the SB was a Bucc’s defense that looked great throughout the playoffs.

I’m not chitting on Goff , I’m not bashing him , I’m not casting doubt, fact is…I truly never watched him, I watched The Lions, The Redwings , The Wolverines back in the day…but never focused hard on other teams… I loved Stafford, Goff …I have high hopes for.

What doesn’t Stafford get credit for?
How can he be “under-rated” when he’s considered a top 10-15 QB but can never beat a good team or is constantly injured?

I’m not trying to crap on Stafford, I’m just honestly asking why you think he’s “under-rated”.

Means I feel like he’s better than some do. It’s been a decade long debate that isn’t going to end any time soon.

Love ya bro. Also, don’t owe you an explanation. LOL. If it hasn’t been sorted out by now, it’s not gonna get sorted out. This is a decade long circular discussion that we will never agree on. I can’t “prove” anything to you, and you can’t “prove” anything to me.

Hope you and your family have an amazing day.

p.s.
Stafford is better than you think!
:wink:

2 Likes

You don’t owe anyone an explanation…but then it’s just another unsupported opinion.

Stafford has played 12 years…and still people are questioning how good he is, that should tell you something.
I hope for your sake that Stafford leads the Rams to a Superbowl and a MVP.

Stafford is somehow considered the 6th best QB but is somehow “under-rated”…that doesn’t seem to add-up.

Matthew Stafford ranked 6th best QB by NFL execs

1 Like

Count to 3. That’s all you have to do. Once you hit 3 the ball should be out or he should know what he’s going to do.

Count to 3 on that film and notice how often he still has the ball and he’s still trying to be a hero.

Count
To

Bullshit

So he should have just thrown the ball away on 43% of the plays?

Those are the decisions a normal QB faces every week. They don’t have the benefit of guys running wide open and letting him goof off behind the line of scrimmage like an 8th grader.

43% of the plays?..

Master P Reaction GIF

“Normal” NFL QBs don’t get pressured quickly on 43% of drop backs (24 times) while only being blitzed 6 times all game. The Bucs were able to keep 7 or 8 guys in coverage and get pressure.

Let’s take a look at the QB we are most familiar with in Detroit.

Stafford was pressured 15 times or more in a game only 2 times in the past 40 games he played.

Since the start of 2018, the most pressures Stafford faced in a game was 19 times against Colts in 2020.
He was blitzed 20 times to make that happen.

And Stafford counted 1…2…3… throw!
Kenny Moore Takes Stafford’s INT to the House! - YouTube

1 Like

That’s some insane garbage you pulled out of your butt. Take a big whiff of it.

You still didn’t bother watching the damn film and counting to 3.

Let me know when you do.

Exactly what I’ve been saying. Well put!!!

Overrated-

1. D Watson
  2. J Adams
  3. OBJ
  4. M Stafford
  5. Julio

Underrated-

1. F Warner
  2. D Henry
  3. J Allen
  4. Tj Watt
  5. D Adams
1 Like

I’ve watched the film… and there is nothing there to help your argument.

On nearly every play he held the ball for more than 3 seconds… he threw it away or completed a pass.

The Chiefs were down 28-9 … 1/2 way thru 3rd quarter…before Mahomes took a sack or threw a pick.
He had ZERO negative plays until they trailed by 19 points.

that's all folks GIF by Space Jam

2 Likes

Winners win! Mahomes certainly faced some odds in the SB, but some of it was also his doing.

Eli and Ben have 2 rings each without anywhere near Mahomes are talent or passing/scoring stats. How? They allowed their games to meld into a game flow that was working.

I’m no longer much of a hockey fan, but used to be diehard wings in my teens and early 20s. I hated when they’d get bounced early by a Leafs or Sharks team that played rough and dirty and stopped the “5” from their ballet on ice approach to passing and scoring.

Mahomes can dance around against lesser talent, against less motivated opponents, and he can win on skill and do it with style.

Against the Goat and a solid D, and in the SB? Nope.

Mahomes sure as hell could have audibled to counters, traps, etc in the first half. He can audible.
to a slant whenever he wants.

It helps when they played 15 games combined to get 4 rings… and the defense allowed more than 20 points only 2 times in those 15 games.

The single highest point total against them in those years was 24 points against the Steelers in 2011… when the Ravens benefited from a Cory Redding TD on a fumble recovery… after Big Ben fumbled the ball.

Just talked out, my man. You get to take it how you want. You can also put words in my mouth, if ya want. If this conversation were a stand alone, I could agree w/ya. More consciously, we’ve both been in here for years, and if I “explained” it would be repeating myself for the 2,000th time.

Love ya, man!

1 Like

With the move to LA I would say Stafford is now overrated if anything. Hell I don’t even think Brady got this kind of love when he went to the Bucc’s last year.

1 Like