My first early mock draft

ANY mock that has taking a QB in the 1st round, is automatically disqualified.

NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

6 Likes

Huh

As far as need to address the O, sure. But i believe they can do that in FA or later round picks. I just think if you look at DL, CB, LB, all three are more needed than a TE. I’m sick of watching our D cost us games (tho been much better as of late).

I addressed them.

Love your mock but would rather spend my free agent dollars on Trumane Edwards, especially if we are getting Carter

1 Like

\we have a starting ROG a very good one if he checks out medically for his back Lets just wait an see what we have before we draft based on bias attitudes.

I understand just Mocks an if wee do as well we will be picking high 20.s
with are pick so more time is needed. I do the mocks just don’t post cus next week will be in a different spot an i also pick change to check out players i don\t know as well

1 Like

Darnell Washington is a man child lol

2 Likes

I thought the way Brugler phrased it when he said some people saw him as top ten and some didn’t like him that much was eye-opening. That’s top ten as a ceiling, not 1st overall or even top 5. Maybe it was just strange phrasing bit I think it’s probably true. And Brugler’s really plugged in.

Of course it only takes one but if I was a betting man I wouldn’t have Stroud that high.

Now Levis and Richardson could definitely work their way up there.

1 Like

In what way? Dude has great hands and isnt easy to take down. 6-7

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind that draft at all. I like Washington a lot. Not that I am any kind of college guy other then just liking how he plays and he is so big.

If we walked away w porter and carter I’d be ecstatic. Also like tommy no thumbs.

I have to think the lions would look at rg as well……been to a great deal of the gators games as people have mentioned and AR15 is there but so is their Guard Torrence who is very good and their linebacker Miller……so I think you got a good sense of what we could see w DL CORNER and linebacker……I’m all for grabbing another back to pair w swift and Williams.

2 Likes

Thing is you cant fix everything through the draft. I think big v will be back

2 Likes

All I’m saying is just wait and see what happens. If he’s the talk of the CFP that would help him a ton.

Dane also said that he’s unsure if the wait for QB approach of last year will prove durable or if it was a one off due to last year’s anemic class.

Prior it had often been the case that QBs went ahead their talent levels. Stroud is a good prospect. I don’t happen to like the fit for the Lions bc I don’t think he’s enough different from Goff in the few ways that I really want to upgrade the position. But he’s a super talented kid. Even going back to Elite 11 his accuracy when throwing within timing and proper mechanics has been top notch. That may not be the sexiest skill but it’s pretty damn important.

Obviously he’s got a great opportunity to increase his stock.

I agree. I am also a big believer in if you maintain your OL and DL and constantly dump resources into it then you will always be in the conversation. The Steelers are struggling right not bc their offensive line is crap. Got a great defense and yes their rookie qb is struggling but that OL has been suffering for a while and the teams play has been dipping as a result……I can’t hate that mock at all….good one.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s fair. I don’t think it will play out that way but it certainly could. I came into this year with him as my #1 overall prospect, so I get the stuff everyone likes. I’ve been disappointed but not to the point I’d dropped him terribly far (I had him in that tier below Anderson, Young & Carter), but listening around and reading a bunch, I really think the league has soured on him. Kinda like what happened to Fields actually (for different reasons obviously). He does have a great chance to increase his stock and I think he really needs to take it.

1 Like

I think this is a healthy way to view the position.

He’s big. Essentially, Glenn “Big Baby” Davis playing TE

Isn’t this Big V’s 2nd year missing a lot of football? I think he’ll have to take a pay cut to stick with us. We’ve definitely developed some dept. I still think we’re missing the dominate run blocking guard who can pass protect as well. Hoping we can find somebody in the 5th rd. Stenberg is a bust who’ll be cut/released

4 Likes

I really like Dane. He’s good at his job and seems to be a good guy. But I don’t buy that he or any other member of the media really gets honest draft takes from league sources. I think they piece together anecdotes from different conversations of varying degrees of forthrightness.

Personally Bryce was always a cut above for me but I think Stroud hate is going a bit far.

1 Like

I hated Stroud; howver, after sitting back and reflecting, I think his flaws were more related to OSU’s coaching. Stroud can make all the throws! if he checks out mentally, shows true leadership skills and he has an affinity for the game of football i.e. would he play if he wasn’t getting paid then I would definitely consider him at the top of the draft

2 Likes

Washington is a once in a generation type player. He is like having an OT at the TE position when it comes to blacking AND he can catch the ball.

4 Likes