My text to Holmes…

Mr Holmes- u totally get the 55M in dead cap, guys who wanted out, hot mess ordeal that was 2021.

DC made some awful coaching choices, poor game management etc. However we still showed out on the OL despite injuries. We ran the hell out of the ball… even Jeff and Igwe! We saw some udfa CBs step up.

Now it’s time to fix it!

1. Hutch- Watt 2.0. Effort, leadership, strength, motor, power, speed

2. D Lloyd- reminds me of Demorrio Davis a bit, but bigger. Edge to him, pass rush, coverage skills.

3. WR- Wilson, Olave, T Burks, D Bell, etc?

4. Mcreaey- CB Auburn he’s a pitbu

5. RG replacement for Big B

2 Likes

We need to do everything in our power to get Garrett Wilson.

1 Like

Gonna have to really looki at this Wilson guy

Then maybe Young in 2022. Man he feels like Drew Brees to me

Heck of a lot more to do then select a few top players.

#1 He’s got to help DC find a new OC. Someone that can work with and develop QBs because Goff or not, they are going to need a QB.

#2 - 11 draft picks + 14 UDFA. That’s 25 players that can improve this roster. Great job so far this year, even with Covid limiting playing time, but this year he’s got time he didn’t last year.

#3 A mentor for Campbell? Campbell has done a lot right for a rookie coach, but he is struggling with game day management, maybe some issues with selecting coaches. Hire Parcells as a consultant to bounce ideas off of? It’s Holmes’ job to see that DC has the resources he needs to be successful.

#4 Figure out which position coaches should move on? He is a former DL. Why can’t the DL get more pressure? DL coach? Too much youth?

Holmes has a reputation as a hard worker and I’m guessing he sees many of the same gaps fans do… He’s done a lot to reduce the future cap obligations and filled holes many places with a lot of newbies. He needs to continue that process while ensuring the former player coaching staff is up to snuff.

Good post sir.

His #1 priority was limiting future cap obligations.

Goff

Hock

Decker
Jackson
Ragnow
??
Sewell

??
??
Cephus
St Brown

Levi O
McNeill/Penisini
Brockers

A Bryant/J Okwara
D Barnes
??
R Okwara

Okudah
AO
??
Harris

Back to my original point-

1. So Hutch steps in as the front 7 alpha, while Alim, Levi, Julian, Barnes all have a year more to develope.

2. The question mark of WR1 gets filled similar to a Jefferson, DJ Moore, McLaurin type pick. Draft full of legit WRs!

3. Analzone gets replaced by one of the 2-3 alpha MLBs in this draft. Lloyd is my front runner, but there are a few to choose.

4. Okudah may never come back. But he has the talent and desperation to fight for his career. Draft another CB early, like McReary atop rd 3, and get Iffy back with Okudah, AO and maybe resign Jacob’s?

5. Draft a RG to step in for Big V- we only save 4/5M so maybe keep a big V one more year too, and avoid the dead cap. Tough to replace him for the NET 4M we make. Let 3rd rounder beat him out!

6. Draft another RB- like Haskins?

Sign big FA at SS, resign T Walker, sign WR2, still be cap solid….

The Goff will have an average year based on improved talent around him. Trade him after 2023 when he competes with Rookie we draft high in 2022.

Does Okudah come back as a SS? Seems the young guys are filling in OK at CB

1 Like

That is the strategy that I prefer. I think he can make the transition.

wanted to tune into ND to watch Hamilton, but sounds like he’s been out

Yeah he’s been out since like week 6 with something that’s keeping him out the rest of the year.

1 Like

shows how much I’ve been paying attention :joy:

That’s a long ass text

2 Likes

Damn it, you beat me by one minute.

1 Like

He deletes it as spam from an unknown number.

Love when a fan thinks of telling a NFL GM how to do his job.

I was playing NCAA Football on Playstation with my buddy online. I was playing with Wisconsin and when I scored a touchdown, I rubbed it in by texting “BRIAN CALHOUN!!!” Apparently I put his number in my phone wrong, so it accidentally ended up going to Matt Millen.

We know how that ended.

6 Likes

Lol

it was you finger pointing GIF by HULU

Dolla Signs been keeping him out

Jacobs gets resigned……why would they not bring him back???