Myrtle Beach recommendations?

Hey all,

Thinking about taking the family to MB for a week this summer. Any recommendations on areas to go/avoid? Any places to look at? Condo vs house? Etc

Been to OBX and loved it. Looking for something else this time. Would also consider Virginia Beach…

I plan on driving

I used to live in Charleston and would make the trip to Myrtle Beach occasionally, never stayed there. I would say make sure to avoid the various “bikers weeks” they have. Unless, you’re into that kind of thing. Gets kind of crowded and not particularly family friendly.

3 Likes

Golf is good there. A lot of tourist type stores that younger kids tend to like…can buy a lot of cheap souvenirs for not too much money. It’s more hustle and bustle than OBX but the beaches are good. Depending on the ages of your kids I recommend renting ATVs if any are available. I didn’t think my wife and daughter would like it but we try and rent them now on just about every vacation. They really enjoy it and it makes for some great memories.

1 Like

Yeah I went years ago with a couple of buddies for a three day golf weekend but it was very different than going with my kids.

I may pack my clubs and golf one day - I actually enjoy golfing on my own.

Thanks guys.

Been down there probably 15 times. Agree, avoiding bikers week is a good idea.

Try Huntington State Park, very family friendly, great beach area! Across from it is Brookgreen Gardens, beautiful area to explore.

Also, in Murrels Inlet south of MB try Deaddog Saloon. Great place on the water. Great food! My favorite area but gets busy on certain themed weeks like biker weeks.

1 Like

Any way for me to know when Biker weeks are?

May 13 - 22 2022. I just googled Myrtle Beach biker week. Might I add loved Deaddog saloon.

Thanks all. I looked it up too.

We are looking at August so should be clear.

Just south of MB looks pretty nice and the places are tight on the water.

My 13yo daughter had been sending me listings of homes for sale in Savannah, GA because she wants to live on the beach……

Wish I could help her out. Maybe a vacation will assist a bit….

Been there once in the '90s. Great golf and beach…duh. No words of wisdom except “Calabash Buffets”. Is Capt. Benjamins still a thing?

Look for Myrtle our poster…

Oh crap.

:astonished:

Myrtle’s now in Northern Kentucky:

https://twitter.com/pff_josh?lang=en

But his Lions fan roots are still showing:

Josh Liskiewitz Retweeted

Anthony Broome
@anthonytbroome

Apr 29

The Detroit Lions walked out of the first two nights of the draft with:
–PFF’s top-graded college EDGE defender (Hutchinson)
– Arguably the best playmaking WR in the draft when healthy.
– PFF’s 4th-ranked run stopping EDGE (Pascal)
– PFF’s No. 1-ranked college safety (Joseph)

2 Likes

I think I’m leaning towards North Myrtle Beach….maybe it’s a bit less crowded?

Can always just drive down to the main beach to hang out for a few hours with the kids……

It’s a great way to shoot career bests!

1 Like

It’s probably the only time I don’t cheat….nobody to beat but myself (there’s a joke in there somewhere)

1 Like

Would highly recommend this restaurant:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54359-d15647375-Reviews-La_Vinotinto_Restaurant-Myrtle_Beach_South_Carolina.html

The food was excellent, authentic, and portion size great. We ate there twice.

1 Like

Over the weekend, it rained, so we didn’t see much of the biker crowd.