Nah, I changed my mind. Chark should be priority

The Giants have really excelled signing former injury prone Lions WR’s, so I like that fit.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s how we do it and it’s absolutely the right way.

Offer a number based on our evaluation and let them try to find better. If they can’t (Walker, Harris, Anzalone), they come back at a number we’re comfortable with. If they do, more power to them (Agnew, Reeves-Maybin, Jarrad Davis the first time around).

So really, whether Chark comes back or not is on him. We’ll offer a number we’re willing to pay and the decision is his. Same with all our FAs.

2 Likes

Maybe! But I’m rolling with this idea…

Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. These too are meaningless.

2 Likes

He’s a good player but a veteran player with his production has never generated this amount of discussion in NFL history lol

Totally different style of WR but Sterling Sheppard has a Brad Holmes cheap, dumpster dive pray for good health signing written all over it.

1 Like

I could see it. Hopefully very cheap given the injuries.

For sure. And I think he might want a lower bar to clear for targets

1 Like

Throwing a little Soloman my way :+1:

2 Likes

But if they don’t fix that OL, Fields will never have the time to throw it downfield. so if all you want is the money that wouldn’t be bad. Get paid to do very little.
He can sign with a winner here in the D or go outside and play in shitty weather with a loser.

3 Likes

I think most players who have been thru the NFL grind want to go where they can win. To put in all the work and lose will get to anybody with talent (Barry and Calvin come to mind).

I think he stays because “we check all the boxes”. known vs unknown.

To me the competition are teams like Kansas City, Dallas, San Francisco, LA maybe Buffalo. Teams without a QB or a shitty one won’t be appealing, Some teams don’t have the money, some teams are hiring new coaches. By process of elimination this will be a good destination.

Numbers are getting tossed out and I think it will be in the 13-15M range. he will be 27 next season so this is probably his shot at a career deal. The top 15 receivers get paid 20M plus. He is NOT that guy. the next 10 are over 15M and he is NOT there so to me he fits into the next group and based on this years cap that will be the range. Now if injury history is brought up then maybe just a touch cheaper, but is that the card Holmes wants to play IF you want a guy to come back?

1 Like

The NFL is a business for both the player and the teams.
If Chark desires to play here, but has an offer that guarantees him an extra 25-30 MILLION dollars, what do you think he will do?
I hate to say this, but the smart business decision is to take the $$. And yes, I see a team(Bears) reaching.

2 Likes

Yep - thats why I say OT should not be off the table for the Bears.

To the Packers: No playoffs for you, doo doo doo doo doo doo

4 Likes

That was great, but roll it back and we had 3 guys open. It was the quick snap so GB’s D didn’t have their coverage set, great call. DJ had 3 catches in the game…for 14 yards.

7 Likes

Critical ones, like 2 4th down conversations to seal the game

4 Likes

And one of those there were 3 guys who were wide open. Would I like to have him next year, sure, for the right price and healthy and I’m not sure that either one of those things is in play.

2 Likes

IMO Chark has a decision to make, do I stay with the team that many are starting to call SuperBowl contenders and possible get a ring or do I chase the money. To me that it what it comes down to ring or cash, which is more important to him.

1 Like

especially after a trade down and getting more picks. They may draft a WR to go with Chark and his extra 25-30M

1 Like

I enjoy my career and the company I work for.
Let’s say I make a bit over $200K a year. Now there’s a competitor up the road offering me a similar position for $300K. Personally, I’m staying where I’m at, however, if they guaranteed me $500K a year with a guarantee of 3 years? Even if it sucks, I’m most likely making a move.

1 Like

Levels & Layers → yup. Degree to which the difference is is so important.

We have already seen Ben say “no thanks” to other teams.
Anzalone as well.
More to come, I promise. Not all of 'em, as we won’t be able to afford to keep everyone, but we absolutely will have ppl taking team friendly deals to stay in Detroit

Being able to say that as a Lions fan…WOW

5 Likes