Nakobe Dean and Troy Andersen in 2023

I’ve seen a few “respectable” mock drafts give us Nakobe Dean at #32. I think it’s possible and I would be elated. I’m not as interested in his non-existent combine and pro day numbers as I am for other players because he demonstrates elite numbers from the slivers of his film I’ve seen. His play recognition shows up too.

I also think he’ll be gone at #32.

I’ll concede that Nakobe’s numbers would be comparable to Troy Andersen, who has less experience at LB, played against lesser competition, was less protected by his surrounding cast, and showed similar play recognition, though perhaps against less nuanced offenses.

I think Troy Andersen will be the more dominant NFL player by 2023. Again, I’m not in the least dismissing Nakobe Dean as trash.

But in an apparently deep LB class, I see getting either Troy or Nakobe at #32 as a steal by historic standards. Both Jamin Davis (one year production) and Leighton Vander Esch (small school) went at #19, so…

No IMP on Nakobe Dean Yes ON Anderson Look around league these smaller LBs that got taken high have not done as well as how high they were taken Bot saying they were busts but just have not played to draft position .

I really want to get Anderson or muma….or both.

1 Like

I just want an athletic LB, an actual starter, no.1 guy. I’m not being picky, give me one Holmes!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.