Name your top 2 or 3 draft moves and why

Mine -

1 - Moving up for Jamo - He completely changes our offense. Jamo and Chark on the outside opens up all kinds of opportunities underneath - from the running game to Amon, Hock and Swift underneath. If we get second half of season Goff and keep our o-line healthy this offense has potential to be very good.

2 - Combination of d-line and blitzers. Hutch is huge, Paschal is awesome, then add in the situational pass rushers we have and added and we could be cooking. Stopping the run and getting pressure WERE our biggest issues on defense. If that is fixed we are a completely different defense.

3 - Kerby Joseph - having an impact safety is huge for a defense. KJ has only played safety for one year as his exclusive position. Prior to last year he played WR and DB. He has a learning curve but has the tools to be special. Range, wingspan and ball skills in spades. I don’t remember the last time we had offenses afraid of a safety disrupting plays. Joseph can be that I think.

Bonus - What Brad has done for the quality of depth on this team in 2 years is pretty impressive. I have more hope for this team than I have had in years.

What have you got!

6 Likes

Because Hutch felt like a no-brainer to me…

1. is getting J-W (J-dub?..is that better?). I view this as minimal risk, to get a massive ceiling guy. I view top 10 as his floor, with top 3-5 more likely. Amazing home run threat.
  2. Pasch - Not in and of himself, so much as the strategy they are implementing…high energy disruptor that can play all across the DL…dramatically adds to team speed and gives opposing OL something to look at. Pasch is part of something bigger, and it’s a beautiful thing.
  3. Kerby Is gonna be a really nice piece. He may take a little time to develop, but he’s a really good piece and has the identity of ball-hawking.
2 Likes

The choice of Hutch was easy.

The move up for Jamo was risky, but potentially worth its weight in gold.

But the choice of Paschal has me most curious and excited. He seems like a guy because of where he played did not get the attention he deserved. They took two edge guys who are dogs. Neither take plays off. They bring it every single down. That simply is no longer common in football, especially with talented athletes that are good enough to put up big numbers with mild effort.

The move was basically, “We’re coming after your quarterback, get ready.”

Let’s hope it comes to fruition.

11 Likes

Natty, give in to the nickname gods. Call him Jamo.

2 Likes

mel gibson braveheart GIF

2 Likes

If he likes it, I can live with it

2 Likes

Not taking a QB. Just wasn’t interested in really drafting any of them if I’m honest.

3 Likes

Also, while I liked quite a few RBs this class, I kind of didn’t want to take one so I’m glad we didn’t. I like our RBs that we already have.

2 Likes

I want to see JJ get more of a shot, as well as Netflix. Williams is out, IMO. We have better guys that are cheaper. Truthfully, I almost like Igowbeke as much.

3 Likes

1:) K.I.S.S. with #2OA. Either Hutch or Thibs. They did just that
2:) Jameson completely changes our offense.
3:) Joseph - we need more turnovers. Pass rush help and a ballhawk might get us there.

2 Likes

That’s the thing is they’re all productive and contributed positively. Wasn’t sure about that group this time last year, but now different story.

2 Likes

Top 3 moves of the draft:

1. Ed Marinaro’s life story - I couldn’t stop laughing at the thought of 10 million people collectively screaming at their TV’s, Computers and phones, all at the same man. That producer was a hero and saved Ed’s life. Hilarious moment during the draft!

2. Chriss Angel escape - WTF was that? I was confused and entertained at the same time. It was weird, oddly placed…yet amazing!

3. Dr. Disrespect doing the Lou Gehrig echo - Thought is was brilliant! Gave me a good chuckle!

2 Likes

Pascal and then getting Joseph. Here is the rationale. On several different podcasts and lions boards I heard people saying “we need a safety, Joseph was still there, I would have taken joseph”

Hell, my boy Jeff Risdon even said he would have taken Joseph OVER pascal. Not bc pascal isn’t good or at the right position but bc he felt the need for a safety was that great and he was impAtient to make it happen. Holmes remains calm, trusts his board gets the guy he wants in pascal and then still gets his guy Joseph one round later. There is a saviness…a calmness to Holmes that is so clutch. I bet he wins a lot at poker.

9 Likes

I really like JJ. Can’t wait to see him this year. I really do think he can be a great closer/ 4min back for us now that we’ll be running up the score on the oops.

I know he had a couple good games but I’m not as high on Reynolds as everyone else. I’m ready to draft a RB high next year if one is warranted to push swift who I’m not sure fits our style as much anymore.

1 Like

Your boy Jeff liked Kerby over brisker? And nick cross?

1 Like

compliment Swift…YES! Let’s see how healthy Swift can stay. I love Swift as part of a 2 headed monster, but if he can’t stay healthy…we might need TWO of them.
High pick plus a FA?

This list is exactly everything I love about this draft. You nailed it in one post!

The only thing I would add is the Lions making that trade with the Vikings to get Williams. Heard some talk on the radio earlier today of people criticizing it, and it was obvious they didn’t truly grasp the fleecing that trade was. Couple that with the guys we got with the picks we had… that was a damn fine trade and I’m thinking we got 3 or 4 (if you include Joseph) essential and great contributors to our team.

2 Likes

I think swift was very helpful for our short pass game and maybe (hopefullly) he explodes with our new deep threats and OC. But Ive been leaning towards @Lyonfan1 a analysis after watching some tape on swift and seeing how cute he gets for no reason. I think we prefers someone to go eat up yards non stop. I don’t think we need all the cuteness swift brings. Nor do I THINK we want to pay him for a second contract.

2 Likes

Lions RB make it 3 years. Thats it. None have made it 4 years starting since Barry retired. Its mind boggling but true.

2nd contract?

Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

1 Like