Nebraska

What’s to say? Same sh!t, different year. Lost the TO battle 4-1 if you count the absurdly dumbfounding onside kick. The fumble call was a tough break, but they still had plenty of opportunities to win. Ultimately they beat themselves, as they tend to do.

As for the rest of the year, they should be able to put up points. Thompson, Grant, Palmer, etc. is enough for Whipple to work with. But they simply don’t have the horses on defense and Chinander is a bad defensive coordinator.

Probably four wins and then :man_shrugging:. They’ll move on from Frost but then what? It’s not exactly a desirable spot given how competitive the conference has gotten and their recruiting footprint. Do they go for a young hotshot like Pete Golding? Someone that is nearly un-hireable elsewhere like Gruden? It’s hard to see them attracting the Aranda, Peterson, Campbell types that the more delusional members of the fanbase bring up.

4 Likes

I was rooting for Nebraska, my dad got his masters there so I grew up watching Nebraska and Michigan. Oldest brother was born in Lincoln. I just couldn’t believe the onside kick. I mean they had momentum, they were up by 11 and son of a bitch they threw it away. I don’t know how you explain that one.

1 Like

Bielema is probably the most realistic hire that I think could quickly bear fruit.

3 Likes

CuriousHusker…Luckily, I didn’t see the game. It’s really tough to fly such a long way and then to suffer such an ignominious defeat. Gonna be a long flight home. Losing to Northwestern is even worse !!!..Cheer up, its only the 1st game of the season. Obviously, the defense is behind the offense. So, there’s a place to start. Coaching decision-making as well. Hang in there.

Pressure on Frost is immense. He knows it. IMO, until the Huskers improve the talent pool on Defense quickly, the team is stuck at best a .500 team. Add to it, recruiting, you’re in no man’s land. Who wants to go to frigid Nebraska in the middle of nowhere nowadays??.. Pretty soon, it will only be Alumni. The University can’t live off 70’s & 80’s rivalries with OU forever. They can concentrate on Texas for recruitment, but never play Texas and/or A&M as a player. Tough sell !!..Too late to back out of the BIG18, though joining the remnants of the PAC12 might be the Best Bet for now. Nebraska needs “Exposure” in a good way…And you get to play Colorado every year !!!..lol

West Germany?
Did I time travel last night?

1 Like

Notre Dame v Navy is next years Dublin game

1 Like

Lol - yep!

My first base was Bitburg AB prior to the wall falling

1 Like

The King of Siam has invited us to play a friendly against his Royal Lancers.

2 Likes

I actually had to explain this joke to my kid… :joy: :sob:

2 Likes

Catholics and seamen…. a centuries long debate. :wink:

4 Likes

As soon as Frost did that onside kick, I told my buddy that that was gonna lose them the game…he said “no way, come on you dont know that, bet you a case of beer”, needless to say, I am now a Founders All Day IPA 18 pack richer. Frost’s predictable idiocy is the gift that keeps on giving.

3 Likes

Has anyone else noticed how a good team can start sucking after they join the Big Ten?
Well, Penn State and Nebraska anyway. They both were constantly ranked. Then they joined the Big Ten and now they’re just meh teams. It’s no wonder Notre Dame wouldn’t join. They knew what would happen. Well, that and they had that huge TV contract.

Like Switzer said “… it’s about the Jimmies…” or something like that.

1 Like

Penn State should have won the Batty in 1994….but it went to….NEBRASKA!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.