Need help from some of you video aficionados (INT in GB - SEA game)

I’m looking at you @Phunnypharm

Didn’t see the game, but I saw the clip during a Stephen A. segment.

Kevin King (GB corner) appears to intercept a Russell Wilson pass in the end zone. However, the replay showed he dropped the ball as he hit the ground. A clear incompletion IMO.

Then the ref runs in and signals incompletion, but then abruptly switches to the Touchback motion.

Did anyone else see this?! WTF? :laughing:

Edit: They called it an INT and didn’t even explain the decision after reviewing it. GB ball at the 20.

1 Like

working til midnight… and didn’t see the GB game yet since I worked 12 hours Sunday.
I am curious to check it out though…

1 Like

Seattle was getting hosed all game long by the stripes

1 Like

Every video replay where you can actually see it… they cut right before he lands…

1 Like

Well you see there are darlings in the league who tend to get more calls go their way. Please feel free to watch any of the Lions Packers games over the past 30 years. And when you’re bored of that you could always watch any Cowboys game.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen it but from your post and the replies, why am I not surprised… the league is losing me more and more every week

1 Like
2 Likes

Seahawks blow!
Screenshot (217)

3 Likes

Seriously, it’s getting ridiculous these days. Or maybe I’m just getting older and my tolerance for BS is shrinking…

Not to take this off topic but in the NHL, golden boy Crosby didn’t even get a fine for this… watch the video in the article.

Players have been fined and suspended for much less…

1 Like

Dude got flagged just for getting trucked. :rofl:

2 Likes

I love that they included a tweet from someone named Drunk Gary Thorne . LOL

2 Likes

Hahahaha I didn’t even notice that nice catch!

1 Like

imagine playing the packers or cowboys and expecting the calls to go your way

1 Like

Weird gedture by the ref for sure… but I am guessing he reacted to seeing the ball come out as King went to ground… but then decided he had done enough to qualify it as a catch before going to the ground.

I’m sure Dez Bryant has some feelings about this call as well… but the rule was changed and a player doesn’t need to complete the process while going to the ground any longer.

However… to count as a catch… a player must get 2 feet down and make any act common to the game (see below). I think it could be argued that King tucked the ball as he went to the ground… thus making it a catch.
Damn… I hate to admit that in public. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

The going to the ground rule is still the law of the land. The confusion for fans has always been the timing vs the rules as they are written. The things they say will make it a catch need to take place BEFORE you are heading to the ground. Once you are heading to the ground…if you haven’t done the steps to have it called a catch already…you need to complete the process.