New antonio brown drama 9/7

Wonder which team is going to take the risk and sign him. I don’t imagine a top team is going to risk the clown show coming to their side.

Probably New England, Dallas, or Philly.

Cleveland, lol

ANTONIO BROWNRELEASED BY RAIDERS… After WR Demanded Out

9/7/2019 9:06 AM PT

BREAKING NEWS

8:59 AM PT – AB … C ya later!!!

The Oakland Raiders have just RELEASED the star WR – after a nightmare offseason that culminated in Brown allegedly threatening to attack general manager Mike Mayock.

The Raiders just announced the move moments ago … so far, no comment from Antonio Brown but ya gotta think he’s gonna say something soon. Brown is now technically a free agent and can sign with any team. He would eligible to play as early as Week 2. Adjust your fantasy lineups accordingly.

Brown’s agent Drew Rosenhaus just issued a statement saying he’s sticking with the WR and will help him find another team

“Now that Antonio is a free agent, we are focused on the future and I will immediately work on signing him to a new team,” Drew said … “Antonio is looking forward to a new beginning.”

8:59 AM PT – It seems releasing Brown will save the Raiders from having to pay a penny from the 3 year, $50 MILLION contract they inked with ab this offseason.

The move also poses a huge problem for NBA star Damien Lillard – who told us he’d get his Raiders tattoo removed if the team cut Brown.

Play video content

NOT HAPPENING

TMZSports.com

Antonio Brown has gone ballistic again … this time demanding to be released from his $50 million contract with the Oakland Raiders.

Antonio spelled it out in an Instagram post on Saturday morning, saying “Release me @Raiders #NOMore.”

He also posted a pic of a quote … “You are gonna piss a lot of people off when you start doing what’s best for you.”

Here’s what triggered the craziness. Late Friday night, the Raiders decided to fine Brown $215k for conduct detrimental to the team over an altercation with GM Mike Mayock on Sept. 4. The way the story goes … Brown exploded on Mayock, allegedly threatening to sock him in the face while calling him a “cracker.” Brown’s outrage stemmed from a previous $15k fine for missing team workouts.

Brown reached out to reporter Jeff Darlington and complained the $215k fine voids nearly $30 million in guaranteed money from his Raiders’ contract. This pissed him off enough to go on social media and ask to be released.

He’s certainly drawing a line in the sand, telling Darlington, “No way I play after they took that and made my contract week to week.”

The last 24 hours have been wild to say the least – Brown posted a video Friday night containing pieces of a phone conversation with head coach Jon Gruden . In the video, Gruden essentially tells Brown to cut the crap and get back on the field. Unclear if Gruden knew he was being recorded during the call. Now it seems Brown’s career in Oakland is hangin’ by a thread – and the Raiders will likely make a decision in the next few hours.

Stay tuned …

Originally published – 7:02 AM PT

1 Like

LOL at all the guys who had him in fantasy football.

2 Likes

Probably the same guys that had Luck.

2 Likes

Yes, the double play.

1 Like

So your thinking nobody signs him?

Not until the dust clears, and even then what’s the contract going to look like? How long is that process going to take? This guy is looking more like he’s got what Titus Young had and for that I actually feel sorry for him.

Say what you want about the math program, CMU is the sports mecca of the universe
:muscle::crazy_face: And the people are very attractive there too!

1 Like

My biggest takeaway - Improves our chances of beating them! Go Lions!

The chiefs should sign him. That’d be scary.

Mahomes tossing bombs to brown and hill with kelce in the middle.

What his contract is doesn’t matter to Fantasy players

My prediction is that he has to take a discount for crazy, Doesn’t get the money he would’ve got in Oakland, but then he signs with the team pretty quickly. Probably a desperate bad team where he’s the number one option and he likes it up in fantasy football stats but the team doesn’t make the playoffs

That shit went nuclear in a hurry.

1 Like

I’ve read that there are those Among Us that believe that describes the Lions team this year.:thinking:

His contract is going to matter in fantasy because it may take weeks to get a team to get a contract that both rewards and punishes Brown depending on his contribution or lack of. This is the NFL, do you want this guy screwing up your locker room? Half the reason Kapernick is never going to play in the NFL again is because no team wants the show that goes with it. Brown called Mayock a cracker, he’s melting down. Who has the money to sign Brown right now too, not very many teams. This isn’t a layup that he just signs and plays in week 2.

This could be the first case of actual collusion. Given the way players are pushing GMs around lately I think it’s not out of the realm of possibility that AB is done for good because the inmates are truly starting to run the asylum. Giving in to AB right now is sending a big message to all teams that they should be putting up with this nonsense. I usually side with the players, but in this case FU AB. Get lost.

1 Like

The Raiders gave a 3rd to the Steelers for Martaveous Bryant a few years ago and he wasn’t on the team week 1. Then they gave a 3rd and a 5th for AB. The Steelers are laughing their asses off right now.

5 Likes

New England will sign him and he’ll be a choir boy

3 Likes