New Matthew Stafford documentary shows return and loss to Detroit Lions in

Gotta agree with you here….he didn’t want to be a part of another rebuild and asked to be traded. Goff did bring a division title and two playoff wins….Lions fans chanted “JARED GOFF” in a playoff game that you were the opposition….Lions fans DO NOT MISS YOU!

3 Likes

Yup - never really missed him. We were in such disarray in the first year of the rebuild. I definitely think Matt is MUCH better under pressure than Goff… but…
When not under pressure, the playing field is leveled. I used to think about “what would Matt have done there?”-type thoughts. I’m disallowing that now. I love Matt. I love Goff. I love Josh Allen, for cripes sake. I don’t love any of them as much as I love the Lions. Goffster is the QB of the MF’n Deeee-Troit Lions. I’m good with it. He’s better than Eli, and that’s all we need.

Matt would have done FANTASTICALLY on this roster, but we would not have this roster if Matt was still here, so it is all a buncha he said/she said that isn’t really anything more than a waste of time.

The football Gods love the lions now.

2 Likes

“ I love Goff. I love Josh Allen, for cripes sake. I don’t love any of them as much as I love the Lions. ”

Well said. We are all going to love our players, then the ones that left on good terms, and then the other teams players we like. In that order. I loved watching Antonio Gates. But I liked our WR5 more than him on any game day vs him.

Lions first.

1 Like

Hell, Stafford started off the year playing pretty damn bad. Finished the year playing as good as anyone in the league. The hope for us Rams fans is he leaves off where he did last year. As of today the offense really doesnt have any weakness.

1 Like

Inconsistency has kind of always been his thing. I just hope for his families sake he stays major injury free for his last few years. He doesn’t really have anything to prove anymore, is a zillionaire and has three young kids. No need to risk brain damage

1 Like

For sure. Even in the Superbowl run Stafford had a tough stretch there. I do think his high n lows are more extreme then most QBs though. From phenomenal play to wtf was that.

Edit: and as much shit as Goff gets. Very few play better when the offense is functional around him. Where as Stafford I think presses too much at the detriment to the offense. However, McVay really worked with him to end last season with that. Kyren was a big part too.

3 Likes

Matt has had stretches of 8 games or so where he’s been one of the best QB’s in the league and then he goes back to the QB who throws too many interceptions and makes bad decisions, like really bad. There’s a reason he’s creeping-up on the most pick-6’s ever. Favre has the most ever at 30 in 19 seasons, Matt is in 2nd with 28 in 15 years. Goff has 9 in 7 seasons, extrapolate that out to 14 years and that’s 10 less than Matt. Matt’s arm and heart is second to none, his decision-making is also up there at second to none. I like Matt, he’s a hell of a competitor that has won a lot of games for us because of that but his gambling, gun-slinger mentality also loses games. The hope was that as he got older and matured as a player the mistakes would go down. The last 2 years he’s a 1.79 TD to interception passer, not very good. Goff in the last 2 seasons has been a 3.11 TD to interception passer. Now of course Matt has had better years and stretches but the last 2 years has not been good. Matt has also lead the pick-6’s by year by any QB 4 different years and Goff has never won that honor.

3 Likes

As for the documentary, Matt Shephard this morning was saying that it was too much Kelly talking and not enough about Matt as much for his taste…same went for listening to Mahommes wife.

3 Likes

The Rams O-line might be the best in the league in the year coming up. Could be a problem. Without Donald, I see you guys in alot of 41-38 games.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind hearing from Jake Brownings wife.

Lets simmer down some…Aronn Glenn isn’t on our sideline now :upside_down_face:

Seriously though, Donald is a big loss but we draft well and develop players as good as any team. Last year we were supposed to be in a “rebuild” yet we made the playoffs. We had a good free agency for the defense and drafted two studs in Turner and Young last year. We won’t be anything special on defense but even with Donald we rarely ever were. Shula our new DC will be the wild card here. If he’s anouther McVay gem we’ll be alright.

I loved Kelly Stafford saying how much she loved Detroit…until they booed her hubby coming out of the tunnel…

“…when he was booed coming out, it was good closure for me to be like ‘I wanna kinda rip their hearts out’…”

I love that chick and how much she’s team Matthew all the time! :joy:

2 Likes

Yup - I hope my woman is that committed and loyal. Love how Kelly is with her man.

2 Likes

Man, I know I’m in a pretty small minority here, but I was surprised at the boo’s. I love Lions football as much as any of you, but I don’t think I ever boo’ed a player in my life. I don’t understand the emotion. They’re competitors. Trying to win. Nothing wrong with that.

If I were at the game, I would have cheered Matt when he walked onto the field (and been drowned out by the other 99%). He was an icon here, and I still appreciate him. I wouldn’t have cheered because I wanted him to win, or because I did not want the Lions to win. It would have just been a sign of respect for the guy. Sure, I would have cheered for Goff even louder. Great game, great competitors, all good, no need to get personal with any one of them.

Now, referees and bad calls? That’s when I boo!

2 Likes

because it wasn’t a meaningless game. It was our first home playoff game in 30 years. Passions were high

2 Likes

just watched the last ten minutes of this. I really only wanted to see the game cuts. Wish there were a few more showing the Lions

2 Likes

It really hard to compare the two qbs. And im glsd goff is our dude. But for those talking about what ddid stafford win for us? Well, who knows if Goff would have done better? And stafford never had BRAD/Dan/BJ. He got the likes matt patricia, COOTER, and Joe Lombardi 2x fired OC. The playoff game showed why he was so special and at the same time why detroit is now special. We have a team now, an organization w a 6-10 year plan tk win divisions and super bowls. What did we have before? How do we sell seats and merchandise? But Goff has earned the right to be the LIONS Franchise qb, just like matt earned the right to say i want to a shot at a ring after 12 years of the likes of matt patricia and company.

3 Likes

He will get his flowers this year when he comes back. The fact is he was the bad guy that day.

2 Likes

Pretty sure double J was referring to booze :grin:

2 Likes

@JerseyJungle Matty is a Super Bowl champ. And he is great. If we want to win that game, I don’t think we do without getting into his head a little. Crowd was lit, and we needed every bit of intimidation we could get our hands on.

2 Likes