NEW Mock I found with trade

TRADE: The Miami Dolphins send the 2020 5th and 56th overall picks and the 2021 2nd round pick acquired from the Houston Texans to the Detroit Lions for the 3rd overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

#5) Detroit Lions (via Miami): Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

The Lions are able to move down a few spots to acquire more draft capital and are still able to get their man. Jeff Okudah is one of the best cornerback prospects we’ve seen in the last decade. Selecting him here gives the Lions quite the tandem with Okudah and Darius Slay.

#35) Detroit Lions: D’Andre Swift, Running Back, Georgia

D’Andre Swift is a dynamic player in the mold of Saints’ star running back Alvin Kamara, and he would add a new dimension to the Lions offense. Swift is one of the biggest play-makers in this draft class and instantly brings credibility to the Detroit running game.

#56) Detroit Lions: Julian Okwara, EDGE, Notre Dame

Julian Okwara certainly looks the part and while he needs to find some consistency in the game, he could develop into a solid pass rusher. For whatever reason, the Lions defense took a step backward in 2019, but adding players like Jeff Okudah and Julian Okwara will get them back on track.

#67) Detroit Lions: Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF

A few years back, the Lions struck gold when they drafted Kenny Golladay, and they might have just done the same thing with this selection. Gabriel Davis is a big-time receiver that takes a fall due to a historically strong wide receiver group. He is a top-50 player in this draft. Paired with the earlier selection of D’Andre Swift, the Lions’ offense could be dangerous.

#106) Detroit Lions: Solomon Kindley, OL, Georgia

#149) Detroit Lions: David Woodward, LB, Utah State

#173) Detroit Lions: Larrell Murchison, DT, North Carolina State

#183) Detroit Lions: Jauan Jennings, WR, Tennessee

I FOUND THIS DRAFT I LIKED IT I THINK WE CAN GET ANOTHER PICK BUT THIS IS WHAT THIS GUY DID PRE COMBINE

I LIKE WR AN RB PICKS

I NEED TO CHECK OUT LATER PICKS BUT DO LIKE EARLY PICKS

I would hope the Dolphins give up a little more. One of their other first round picks or in 2021.

I’ll assume the Lions address DT in free agency. The Lions will have the Okwara brothers(Julian and Romeo) on the same team. They are both about the same size, 6’4", 250 lbs.

Okudah will be nice especially if Slay is extended. Coleman, Slay, and Okudah is a really nice secondary.

Still, not bad of a mock. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After running about 3 simulations with that trade, I would demand the Dolphins highest second round player because there is a drop off in talent between 39 and 56.

Who were the first 2 picks?

Assuming the Lions DL is healthy in 2020, you have to take Simmons. He would add immediate impact in the back field, helping the corners and rush.

Assuming the usual two.

In the mocks I did, my picks were Auburn DT Brown and Clemson WR Tee Higgins. But by the time 59 rolled around, we lost out on some really good CBs like Trevon Diggs and some good OGs too. If we could land Brown, Higgins, and then Diggs I’d be pretty happy. Of course, its so early and so much can happen to make these guys move up and down. But Diggs fits into our cover corner mentality and Higgins is the sort of outside tall basketball type WR that does well with Stafford. Marvin Jones replacement and possible WR1 if Galloday leaves.

As much as I agree with you, I would be happier with the above trade than no trade at all. My worry is that we are forced to pick and take the same player with no additional compensation.

I was referring to the 1st and 2nd picks overall… That plays a huge factor in deciding the value of the trade down.

Oh gotcha. Yeah, that would be a definite consideration. If Chase Young is there I’m not trading.

I would definitely agree. But it’d be sad if that was the best we could do.