New PFF top 100

yay time to comb through this again…i should’ve just waited. :joy:

5 Likes

I think they only added a few guys lol. Probably have to start going through the Senior Bowl and East-West Shrine game rosters though. Plenty of guys will pop from those games.

1 Like

The Draft Network (which has really gone downhill lately IMO) just came out with their top 100 as well.

Some interesting takes:

Gonzalez at 6 overall, Bryce Young at 7, Derick Hall at 24, Vorhees at 30 (was he even in the PFF top 100?), Tippman at 71.

1 Like

Love this dude, he’s a player

The value in this years draft looks like rounds 2 & 3. Great news that even though might not have a ton of blue chip talent up top, it’s a great year to need a DB or two

2 Likes

I kinda think that’s true most drafts. Once you get out of the top 5-10 elite guys, everyone from 10/15-50 is usually of a really similar tier, and 50-100 as well. It’s better to have more swings in those tiers than a single swing at the top of it.

6 Likes

Yeah you’re probably on to something here. I’m probably over imagining the consistency of drafts typically having those top 5-10 elite guys as well

2 Likes
  1. DT/DE

Pick 18) DB

• trade down for a team that coverts WR @ 18

That’s the way to go IMO

3 Likes

Baller whose best football is in front of him yet. Similar to a Max Crosby type-gangly giraffe body type who continues to grow into the body year after year

Yeah agree 100%. Made a post about him a week or so ago…

3 Likes

Are we sold on Breese if Carter is gone? Does our roster really need a DE? Im tempted to go back to back DBs if Carter is gone.

7 Likes

Trade down from 6… get branch and gonzalez and add a extra 2nd? Sign me up

3 Likes

Hell no.

Maybe.

I don’t think there is a CB worth #6, although Witherspoon is the hot name today. Interested to see how the combine throws a wrench into everything.

7 Likes

Bresee is this years Okudah

Can always use a DE that’s how you win today in the NFL IMO

I like back to back DB made a thread about it. Witherspoon or Branch and then round 2 grab another.

4 Likes

We have already dumped quite a few resources into DE. I guess if you are not resigning Cominsky and dumping Okwara, you can make a case for a high round DE that has positional versatility. I dont think Murphy or Wilson are generational prospects though so why not draft a position of higher need?

1 Like

While it’s not ideal if EDGE is by far the best player available, I wouldn’t be averse to it. We’ve got Hutch, Houston and Paschal but the Okwara Bros, Harris and Bryant could all be on their way in the next two years (perhaps as soon as this offseason). Cominsky is more of an inside-outside guy than a true edge (Paschal too somewhat). We definitely need to add another body or two to the mix. I’d prefer to do it with a less valuable pick, but I also wouldn’t bypass talent to reach for need.

3 Likes

I agree

Also, just because we draft someone who’s listed as a DE. Rotating actually makes them better, keeping them fresh. And we can actually have 4-5 on the field at same time.

Houston essentially took over for whatever “SAM” role J.Okwara and C.Harris were designated for.

A guys like Myles Murphy or Tyree Wilson can edge set on run downs and move around on 3rd downs.

We could literally see: Houston, Rookie, Hutch…with Pascal & Cominsky inside all 5 on pass downs.

That’s a nice future!!! That’s a great identity.

Yeah, we might keep Romeo & Julianne around for another year but we’d be sick for the next 4-5 years at least maybe longer.

That’s also how you improve a secondary indirectly too…

1 Like

If those rankings equated to when players go, give me:

Murphy
Cam Smith
Washington
Gibbs
Stevenson

Levis at #3. Guess me and PFF are both nuts… because I heard he sucks…

2 Likes