Next Pro Bowler On Offense and Defense

So my question is what 1st or 2nd year player on offense and defense is the first to make the Pro Bowl (doesn’t have to be this year).

Offense - It has got to be DeAndre Swift for me. I think Sewell has that potential, but until we start winning O-lineman rarely get recognized. I think Swift has a chance as soon as this year. He is 4th in the NFC in scrimmage yards for RB’s behind Elliot, Kamara, and Cordarrelle Patterson. I think if he stays healthy he has a decent shot especially if one of the RB’s on the roster make the SB.

Defense - This one is very tough. I honestly think McNeil may be the best of the bunch, but NT is a very hard position to make the pro bowl at unless you are dominant (Damon Harrison/Haloti Ngata). This one definitely isn’t the logical choice, but I would go with Okudah. I know it may seem like a longshot, but I really think he has a breakout in year 3. He not only has all the physical tools to be a top CB, but he has the drive and work ethic. I know it hasn’t shown up on the field, but I believe it will. Especially with two of the better secondary coaches out there coaching him up.

What does everyone else think

Charles Harris on defense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good chance Okudah won’t even be ready to start next season. The Achilles recovery can take up to 2 years to be fully healed. For example, it took Kevin Durant 552 days between his injury date and when he next played in an NBA game.

On defense it’s gotta be Tracy Walker. He’s the only one who I could see turning things around to potentially put himself in that discussion one day.

On offense the Lions have Ragnow, Decker and Hock as pro bowl type players. Outside of them it’s only really Swift to me that’s got the potential.

Offense: Sewell

Defense: are you kidding me?

Special teams: Fox

Sewell will be in the pro bowl next season
Thibideuax will be in the pro bowl next season
Per Usual - Fox

I pick the other 2, merely because I’m assuming Fox decides not to play O or D, next season.

1 Like

Sewell. You have to look at how many spots are available and how many are ahead of him.
Clearly, Sewell is going to be dominant!
We know who Swift is and he is really good. If I were voting, I’d put Williams ahead of him. I know he doesn’t fit your parameters, but, that would push Swift further back in contention.
Alim, too! He’s a rookie playing what looks like a veteran game. You know he’s going to get better. Probably a lot better!

1 Like