Next shoe for WFT dropped

The Knives are Out

1 Like

Captain America Movie GIF by Knives Out

2 Likes

I’m surprised that Lambo hasn’t been picked up.

He may have missed all 3 kicks this year… but his career FG percentage is still 87%… including 70% from 50+ yards.

1 Like

Yeah, that is some blackballing/staying away from smoke kind of thing.

Urban is such a can’t understand normal thinking…you think he would kick Vontaze Burfict? Hell no. Bully is right.

Fuck that guy. Total dirtbag.

Trust me now that there is blood in the water, the stories are going to Chinese Water torture trickle out until Derp Khan has to fire him.

2 Likes

I agree 100% with you on this… and been a long time coming in my eyes

Well said sir. I’m extremely surprised at how wide the floodgates have swung open for gambling. It’s a known vice, breeds addiction, and attracts criminal activity. Smart phone apps like FanDuel, DraftKings, Caesar’s, MGM, Rivers, PointsBet the “NFL’s official sports book partner”, et al only weaponize the menace further.

It’s a matter of time before someone gets embroiled in something dirty ala Pete Rose, or worse, and everybody runs for cover.

The true impact won’t show up for a while. How many marriages and families will ultimately dissolve due in part to financial woes related to gambling addictions?

Sadly, the true victims of the proliferation of gambling in pro sports will be the anonymous kids, employers, couples and the addicts themselves who may have led happy, productive lives if not for addictions that will be fanned into flame by billionaires stumbling over one another to get their piece of the digital gambling gold rush. Have at it boys! What could go wrong ?!

3 Likes

The fleecing of the 99%, now on your phone!

As long as Godvernment gets their tax cut, they could give two shits how many people end up mentally and financially broke. Didn’t used to be that way.

You think CashRipley is kidding around about the societal effects.

He is underplaying it, by a lot. Trust me on that one.

4 Likes

Been saying this in other threads… but the legalization of gambling combined with pro sports (not just nfl) claiming to be entertainment industry affects the integrity of the game. If you still believe in the integrity of the world’s best athletes competing head to head in a non biased competition… the nba has had their scandal, mlb did. I’m sure the nhl has fixed things but nobody cared (I’m a hockey fan too) it’s naive to think the nfl isn’t influenced by it… hell the refs were on Jerry Jones party bus.

I know not necessarily a great site or resource however they make good points. Not to mention, gambling and throwing games is what got Karras kicked out of the league… yet now the league may be partners in some sort of fixing of games or favoritism?

I suppose this whole topic draws the line at this:

A) do you still believe and adamantly want all pro leagues to adhere to an honest competition, as free from bias as possible, to see the best athletes play each other and the outcome of the game be considered “pure” in the sense of true competition and no favoritism, and especially no influence from the insane amount of money generated by these games… or…

B) you are fine with pro sports being an “entertainment” industry, and only wish to be entertained, regardless of the extracurricular “input” that may occur. Even if there is controversy the enjoyment/outrage is worth it from an entertainment point of view.

Let me be clear - I enjoy watching football. I enjoy watching all pro and college sports (except golf). Yet I want to believe there is a true and honest level of competition occurring without outside influence, that I am watching the best athletes play each other in a fair match (home field advantage notwithstanding) that will be officiated fair and all in all, may the best team/players win.

I’m not sure where I stand at this moment but I’m leaning toward A. Because if I’m watching this for entertainment and the outcome is predetermined, well, there’s no point. I can watch a movie for entertainment. The difference between watching a movie and watching sports is the assumption the outcome is not predetermined, or heavily favored/influenced in some potentially nefarious, less than competitive way

1 Like

Bingo.

Until they put craps tables on my phone I’m safe.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is either.

I’m sure not.

bingo-cousin-eddie

This is why I stopped reading the WaPo. And the NYT for that matter, except when absolutely necessary. The influence they have is mind-boggling.

I wish I had “ fuck you “ money.

Ok.

I just wanted to be sure because
You added the shade towards The post which read a bit to me like doubt toward the truthfulness of the situation and a defense of Snyder. A reason to not believe the reports on Snyder due to the source

For the record the Washington post isn’t a legitimate news source anymore. At least not to me…… Their turning into a tabloid full of sensationalism. Their ethics are pretty shady but I guess they have to do what they have to do to sell news papers.

My point is that you should take anything they write with a grain of salt. They usually have an agenda and aren’t really interested in the truth.

But I think I’ve made it clear what my thoughts on Snyder are. Honestly I don’t know how I can make it more clear.

And as I stated multiple times. I’m not defending the guy he’s a real sleaze and I wouldn’t put anything past that tool.

I just don’t really trust the Washington post either.

Both statements can be accurate.

Not trusting the post doesn’t mean I’m supporting Snyder. I’ve made it clear that I am not. Starting from my very first sentence in this thread.

1 Like

“Sleeze Ball” Air, not 'Sleeve Ball."

Actually it’s Sleaze-ball

Well maybe he’s a sleaze-ball, a sleeze-ball and a sleeve-ball. Or is it Ball Sleeve?

My autocorrect doesn’t like the word sleazeball so you never know what it will change it to.

Sure

This is a thread about WFT and Dan Snyder
So iMO when you add on this other true observation that’s … relevant or not … it read like a deflection to discuss the Post rather than Snyder and the mess in that team.
Thanks for clarifying

we agree on Snyder …