Next Two Weeks Are Going to Be Very Interesting

Why? He isn’t a capable backup that gives us a chance to win a game. He shouldn’t even be in the league.

1 Like

True, but he knows the playbook and can be serviceable until a better backup is up to speed.

2 Likes

At this point I’m wondering if RG3 could really be worse?

2 Likes

The problem is the playbook gets cut by 3/4 when he is in the game do to his limitations. We are better off trotting Mark Brunell out there because he also knows the playbook. Knowing the playbook doesn’t mean shit if you aren’t capable of making a play.

3 Likes

Don’t do it!! Just burn the tape!

2 Likes

@BigNatty

Please let the toads direct our back-up QB issues. They don’t necessarily need to be bald.

3 Likes

I’d be perfectly ok with that. We’d probably do just fine for a game or two with brunell.

1 Like

No way we carry 3 QBs to start the year if we don’t get anyone else. Give that extra spot to someone who actually can contribute.

1 Like

I would have to seriously question Holmes and Campbell if they don’t make a move at backup QB.

I know, a backup QB on the field means the season is over … but that doesn’t mean you completely neglect it. Someone capable should be developing. It’s 100% not Blough or Boyle.

Both are good guys. They just aren’t NFL qb’s, and it’s problematic that Holmes thinks they are.

2 Likes

Check the pride at the door and find a QB, ASAP. Don’t care where, but it needs to be addressed. What’s Scott Mitchell up to…

:poop:

How We Roll Reaction GIF by CBS

I’ve heard that Sinnett is killing it for their 3rd and Strong isn’t getting many reps. You could be right

1 Like

Soon as they sign a back up QB i cut both we have right now.

Boyle was the worse an he got to start no fire from him an OL didn’t even want to huddle up for him.

When you watch close you see him always waving to huddle up.

1 Like

Think I would take ANY cut QB this week. Just for a sundae or something…

Done

Incorrect! :wink:

2 Likes

Our Oline has a very hard time handling blitz packages, so far.
That’s the Offenses Achilles Heal.

The Lions are probably the talk of the NFL coaching world this morning. Yes, somewhat sarcastic.

Everyone knows they need a backup QB or two. Do teams try to sneak someone through to the practice squad in light of this? Teams that wanted to carry two and squad the third?

Wonder if the Commanders risk Howell trying to free up a spot. There were a lot of QBs this past draft that went later. They aren’t risking Heinicke. Would they?

Going to be an interesting 30+ hours.

2 Likes

Yeah, blocking is a MUST. I’ve always been a table pounder about blocking. Tight Ends, fullbacks, halfbacks, downfield receivers. Hell, even the quarterback should at least LOOK like he’s trying to block. Blocking wins games. Missing blocks will lose one.

Interestingly enough - Lionswire had Hock as one of the 5 potential game ball players based on his blocking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.