Next week vs GB

We will… Jones is all they have right now… Our DBs can handle their WRs and weak ass TEs, even if Adams comes back…

Jones destroyed a shitty DAL team…

I say this and still only put us at just above average.

We are gonna have to play great to beat Green Bay

But I still like our chances off a long rest for our guys and extra prep

It also isn’t those days when we hadn’t won in Green Bay in 20some years.

Actually watching the game to the end, I think we CAN win. We have to play good yes. Not perfect tho. Dallas killed themselves a lot. Does anyone honestly think GB is better than KC?

1 Like

Has nothing to do with this year… But since 2011 we have either killed GB or played them close… So this game will be one of those. Lol maybe it does have something to do with this year.

Forget the numbers but it’s not close with DET outscoring GB in that time.

I think their D is.

The GB game is winnable, but the run defense has to show up and you have to contain Rodgers. The guy can kill you by extending plays or pulling it down and getting a 1st down. Dallas made far too many mistakes, TOs + penalties will kill you in this league.

Be nice if they get Hock back on offense and Amendola, but you roll with who you got. The same as they do. Can the Lions run the ball and get positive yardage? I don’t think they want to have Stafford putting it up 50 times and getting pounded.

Are the Lions for real? We’re gonna find out next Monday night. They don’t need any more moral victories, they need Ws.

3 Likes

Exactly

Gotta start winning these kind of games

3 Likes

The rush three drop a ton of guys into coverage is built for guys like Rodgers. I like our chances especially if Adams is still out.

Jones is a decent player but we’ll face much better backs.

2 Likes

Don’t forget, the Packers had extra rest and prep time for this game. And on the flip side, the Cowboys week was shortened slightly. I look at it kind of like 10 days rest vs 6. You can adjust the exact number of days as you see fit, but it still ends up close to that, particularly when you make sure to appreciate that the Packers played at home on Thursday while the Cowboys were on the road.

3 Likes

Just saw the headline. Green Bay has staked their claim as favorites in the NFC.
Might as well give them the trophy now.
or maybe we should we play the games?
Who knows the Lions might get lucky and have yet another team play a sloppy game against them.

1 Like

Green Bay up graded thier defense really good. Yet the offense looks like its not scary any more.

Green Bay has one of the worst run defenses in the league. They beat Dallas by getting up by 21.

If we can run the ball and avoid giving up the ball and giving Green Bay easy scores, we win the game in the 2nd half.

2 Likes

I know you guys will think I’m crazy, but this feels like a game where we may come out and make a statement game and beat them soundly! Officials will do their best to counter it, in GB, on MNF, the nation, the NFL, and most certainly the officials will be rooting for GB. I think we are going to win that game.

I feel like so many fans feel like KC got our best shot. I think KC got our best shot…so far! This team is getting better, and our D has more to offer than what they have shown so far. Guarantee it! Watch these guys finish in the top 5 (the D) by season’s end.

Offense does their job, we will win. This team is being built to win the division.

2 Likes

Our best shot includes no dumb turnovers. We didn’t do that last week. We still have better to show

1 Like

On the turnover front, and a rested and healthy team.
Hopefully these dudes come back
Slay
Hand
Amendola
Daniels (doubt it)
Hock for entire game
Diggs for entire game
Bryant soon?
Stafford gets healthier, more mobile
Decker possibly playing hurt?

These are all small things that add up. I’d argue that Amendola and Slay matter a lot.
We may not see a 100% healthy and able Daniels this year…or Bryant. Lots of variables.

I really like our chances in GB

I think Detroit can win…but I’ll be honest, I’m more about wanting to see them win rather than thinking they’ll win.

Need another beer.

2 Likes

Lions open as 6 point dogs!

1 Like

I hate MNF games, especially road games. GB looked really good for the most part yesterday, but maybe Dallas is just trash. I didn’t expect to see GB run the ball with ease. I would like to think our run defense is much better than the Cowboys’.

If Adams is still out or not near 100%, that’s big. I like our secondary against somethingsomethingScantling and Geronimo. The only mismatch I worry about is Jimmy Graham. Not sure who we have to lock him down. It sure as hell isn’t Davis.

In my mind if Adams is out, the Packers don’t stand a chance.

2 Likes

I’m rooting for this scenario. For multiple reasons.

1 Like