Next Years QB Draft Class

I sure hope it works out for Jared Goff this year and beyond but if it doesn’t, we will be in a position to have enough draft capital to move up and get whoever we want. One guy I am watching is Malik Willis (Liberty QB). We was an Auburn transfer and supposedly has the best arm of anyone in college football (including all the guys that just got drafted). Obviously Sam Howell (North Carolina) will be another guy worth watching.

Who else is on your radar?

2023 is more on my radar, if Goff were to not work out (but I think he will do great).

This year is gonna e rough for Goff. I feel J-Will is gonna get a lot of work, and be made to look better than he is, behind our OL. I feel Swift will be heavily keyed on, and it will be easy for Ds to stop our biggest weapons because we dont’ have enough of them.

Next year, we will win around 6 games and pick in the top 10 again, but have a ton of draft capital and cap space.

I feel like next year is when we get a more accurate read of what Goff looks like, when surrounded by talent. If Motown St Brown works out well, possibly the ceiling can go up a little. The way St. B was used in college, he can maybe play WR2? I think Cephus can be average-ish starter in the slot, and a good possession receiver. We need more athleticism at skill positions.
After NEXT season, this conversation will carry more weight with me. Goff’s contract is more tradable then too.

Of course, all of this is just hypothetical stuff, at this point.

We have a nice window to figure it out. We have lots of draft capital for the next 2 years, and a sweet position moving forward.

1 Like

Emory Jones is the main one that I’ll be paying close attention to. I think Rattler will be QB1 right now, so he’s one I’ll be watching as well.

I absolutely think Slovis is a bust. Don’t get the hype with him at all. I really don’t like Shough either. Don’t get how a potential 1st round QB transfers schools before their draft year. I wouldn’t pick either of them unless you put a gun to my head, but between the two of them I’d pick Shough.

Not a huge fan of Howell either. I see where the scouts can act like he’s a top 5 pick in his film, but he doesn’t have amazing athleticism like Rattler or Jones (or Fields), and I think his upside is kind of low.

Malik Willis for me too.

Quote from the Athletic article about Willis:

“We were undefeated, we had beat BYU, I thought we were pretty good on defense. And I felt like he single-handedly beat us,” says Coastal Carolina defensive coordinator Chad Staggs. Willis threw for 220 yards and ran for four touchdowns in a 37-34 Liberty win against a defense that held Zach Wilson to 17 points. “We couldn’t tackle him. He’s got a cannon. From a true physical ability thing, he was special.”

“I was watching pregame, and I’m like, ‘Holy crap!’ He’s throwing deep out to the field and stuff. I’m thinking ‘uh-oh!’ He throws an amazing tight spiral. I mean it comes out of his hand and it pops.”

Also wouldn’t mind Willis, although I think he needs to refine that raw ability a bit more, and then also I like D’Eriq King.

I guess by now you know what kind of QB I’m into.

Hey, don’t count out Jim Harbaugh to work his magic with… uh… whoever is lining up behind center for Michigan.

(FYI, I’m not serious, this is dark humor/my desperate attempt to make light of the nonstop horrorshow that is Michigan football, never mind, just kill me now.)

1 Like