NFC North Leads NFL

FYI, the live radio broadcast mentioned that the penalty on the kickoff was announced as an offsides at first, but was actually illegal formation. I believe someone lined up too far off the line of scrimmage.

1 Like

which is weird. I get that farther back means you’re going faster at the kick, but you’re going to get to that speed anyway. all to make the kickoffs ‘safer’ but you can still rip someone’s head off so fix THAT one there NFL :smile:

Yeah, I can see it helping on onside kicks, but not anything else. And seeing as I’m living in Cedar City (home to Miles Killebrew’s alma matter, SUU), I’m sticking with the idea that the near be-heading was accidental :slight_smile:

So basically it’s just preseason and doesn’t matter. Got it…

My biggest complaint through three weeks.

I think that the coaching profession in general needs to do the math again on puckering up once there’s a lead. Offenses in general are so proficient now that the risk of turning the ball over by playing your “normal” offense with a lead is far less than the risk of giving today’s dynamic passing attacks multiple chances to score on you by playing unusually vanilla offense & defense.

“Playing it safe” really isn’t that safe.

1 Like

Great point Doctor.

1 Like

the weird thing is…we have direct evidence that no lead is safe just a few years ago with stafford and what…8 comeback wins which is ridiculous. So the Lions themselves did it to teams that would take the foot off the gas. How does this not translate? I’m not saying start going 5 wide all the time, but play the same offense you’ve been playing. The opposing defense will have to get more aggressive and take more risks and if you game it right you can put a dagger in the game.

1 Like

I agree with this!