NFL+ and VPN

Anybody know if you can combine the two to watch Lions games when out of market?

I know you used to be able to do it with Gamepass if you were outside the US/Canada- I watched live Lions games when in Africa on deployment using Gamepass. The only reason Gamepass didn’t show live games in the US was Sunday Ticket. No Sunday Ticket meant live games.

I’d assume that if you fired up your VPN, set it to overseas, and went to sign up for NFL+, it would tell you if you could watch live games or not. I don’t think it will do anything for you if you just set your VPN location to California or whatever, though.

1 Like

Thanks! I went ahead with buying NFL+ with a Verizon discount and got a VPN on a good deal too. I’ll report back on Sunday.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know if this works for you.

Looking at the website, it looks like they’ve split “NFL+” and “Game Pass International”, so the trick I used to be able to watch overseas probably won’t work… but it looks like you can watch “local” games on your phone live with NFL+, so if your VPN works with your phone and can convince NFL+ that you are in Detroit, you should be in business.

1 Like