NFL mock drafts are making me nervous

Waaaaaay too many mock drafts have the Lions taking a QB with the LA Rams pick. To make matter worse, they have us taking a TE with our pick.

Either they know something us fans don’t or they haven’t been paying attention to Goff’s play.

4 Likes

Whatever about us taking a QB, I simply can’t see us taking Stroud. Stylistically he is fairly similar to Goff and no guarantee he is going to be an upgrade in the medium term.

While I think Levis and Richardson’s aren’t first round calibre players at least they have potential upside and would offer different tools to Goff.

2 Likes

I think with the Rams somehow winning despite Baker not even knowing the players names in the huddle, the chances of us drafting a QB just went way down. Young is going to be long gone by the time we pick.

Also a bunch of sites had us drafting Malik last year 2nd overall… he went in round 3, haha they just missed on that one.

6 Likes

Gives Brad something to laugh about

2 Likes

The media will never let the Goff thing go. They all jumped on the Rams for taking him over Wentz and haven’t let it go since. Even when Goff went to the pro-bowl with us they said we should draft a QB and Goff was soley McVay dependent. Just letting you guys know…its not going to change. I’ve never seen a QB with such little appreciation before.

8 Likes

I think you are right, although I was shocked last night when the nfl fantasy live show was hyping Goff. I’m not sure if that is good or not. They were also hyping Jamo for his matchup with the Vikes.

And we are favorites in the game. This all makes me nervous.

6 Likes

Yeah they don’t have any idea what they’re talking about for the most part, they’re just trying to get clicks. Plus “replacing Goff” has been the default all season they still haven’t gotten off of it yet. I’d be very, very surprised if we went QB unless Young falls.

6 Likes

Okay FINE I am trying not to talk about it but I will since you guys can’t stop :rofl:

I think we take a QB pretty high next draft.

Don’t ask me who or with what pick.

Still rooting hard for Goff to succeed and he’s played beyond what I had hoped.

1 Like

Yeah they’ve brought him up a few times regarding Lions recent play. Obviously he needs to keep it up!

This was from 2019. One year after Goff went to the Superbowl. Everything the Rams did good the credit went to McVay, all of it. One reason I’m happy to see Jared do well. Don’t get me wrong I love McVay as our coach. I just hated how the media wouldn’t always call a spade a spade. This link litteraly says McVay could win with any QB. John Wolford says hello.

Edit: That was actually written after the Superbowl. Not one year later.

3 Likes

Selecting a player at the most important position in pro sports makes you nervous? I would think Lions fans would be more nervous that they are going to select another first round TE. Or make another historically high DB selection. Or take another RB in the late first or second that doesn’t pan out. Fans have been brainwashed to think a certain way. Unreal to see.

1 Like

But you haven’t been brainwashed at all. You keep saying how awesome Kirk Cousins is despite him being 1-3 in the playoffs and 2-10 on MNF.

Goff > Cousins

3 Likes

there’s only one or two mocks to pay attention to, and they usually happen in mid-April. No worries, we’ve got Bradley in our corner.

1 Like

Well, maybe not ANYBODY. But maybe Baker?

To be honest, i think most mock draft authors just throw something together without much research, lazy way.

I.E. - The TE picks, they automatically think we need to replace Hock right away with a high pick.

Or QB - without looking closely, most “Outsiders” think Goff blows, and a QB early is necessary.

Once the season is over i think more thought will go into these mocks.

3 Likes

They
Are
Stupid

There’s some good TE’s in this draft
Sassy Greys Anatomy GIF by ABC Network
And if you learn from history, we f’ing LOVE 1st round TE’s!
And it’s likely a need.

1 Like

Mocks are never accurate. We’re not going QB with the way Goff is playing, and holes we have on defense.

These draft experts are still making picks based on previous regimes. Brad doesn’t do stupid, he may miss on occasion but he doesn’t make stupid moves. I have seen us taking a QB and TE in round 1 which is absolutely ridiculous.

This regime needs to win next year and that does not happen with a rookie QB and a TE in round 1. DT, DE, CB, LB, those are the directions we go. If they draft a QB to sit behind Goff for a year it’s for the next regime. They are not doing that and have said as much in interviews.

2 Likes

When i look at these mocks i go to the colts pick first. If they have a te to colts in rd 1 i close mock and move on. Thats the last spot they take in rd 1. They took one in rd 3 last yr and one early the yr before too. They need a qb and oline… not another te for the 3rd yr in a row…

1 Like

If you don’t at least consider QB with a QB room of Goff/Sudfeld than you’re probably a good fit for the Detroit Lions. Let’s say we rank them:

Goff (above average starter)
Sudfeld (bottom of the barrel backup)

This is the most important position in football and we need to add talent here.

2 Likes