NFL releases statement regarding draft

All team personnel will be separated. I can see Quinn’s internet cutting out or something like that. This is basically going to be like a regular fantasy football draft we all do, which is pretty cool. I’m sure some will use this as an excuse for when Quinn blows it.

I also read that if a team is trading the pick they will get more time to do so …special considerations made for completing trades .

1 Like

Oddly enough, this makes me want to watch the draft even more. I’m really, really excited to see how this turns out. Might give us more access to interviews with front office members since they’ll all be at their computers.

2 Likes

No drama!

And, heck! The networks won’t be able to commercial out on our pick again!’

2 Likes

BQ is at the same playing field as the other 31 in this draft. I for one will cut him ZERO slack due to circumstances. If anything, if he’s as smart as he thinks he is, he should have an advantage in this draft.
He either has a good draft or just another reason to get his ass out of motown

I agree. As I mentioned a couple days ago I think this draft is going to make for better TV BC they can’t do the fluff

2 Likes

The Lions have a massive advantage this year. With a lot of pro days and visits cancelled, their time at the senior bowl provides a huge leg up on the competition.

1 Like

True. Let’s hope we can take advantage.

I imagined this scenario playing out once other sports were canceling. Mainly March madness. I really love this idea and I hope they keep it. Everyone is in their war room at their facility and a lot of middlemen being taken out of the process. I think they should even make it better and since the draft might be the highest watched draft ever let each first round have 20 minutes and let it be all day. Second round too. Make it longer and make the 2nd round be all day. I give them an excuse to let it drag out and give teams the best draft possible. Make the 3rd round each be 10 minutes and have it be all in its own day. Then let 4-7 be all in one day and let it catch up. I wanna see the top 3 rounds be given absolute priority for 3 days. Oh well it won’t happen.

To me it just isn’t the draft without drunken idiots chanting J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

J/K

I like it more since they moved it out of NY

2 Likes

I did read that there is talk about turning the draft into a Telethon.

The good guy in me wants to say this is great - I love to see them using the platform to raise money for a good cause.

The honest guy in me that gets to write what he thinks anonymously on the internet is pissed that the NFL feels the need to always turn the draft into a dog and pony show rather than giving us all what we truly want. We want tape on the guys our teams draft and we want a solid analysis from someone like Mike Mayock telling us how he thinks our team just did.

Instead, it’s going to be this.

AndthelionsselectJeffOkudahand LET’s get on back over to Rich who is on the phone with a celebrity that is donating money to charity followed by a commercial break and the next pick.

1 Like

I would feel better about the Telethon angle if they went back to all day Sat and Sun

I still like that better

3 Likes

Yes, give me Saturday and Sunday (won’t happen)
I wish all the red carpet stuff would go away forever
I don’t mind the live audiences — they gotta do the hype train
Beyond that I don’t think I care much — I usually dvr it anyway and mostly just watch the pick announcements

2 Likes

C’mon, boys! Aren’t you going to miss the ridiculously loud band that was on stage last year? The hosts were absolutely done with the band within the 1st hour.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. I will miss that. Maybe we can get some FaceTime shots of pissed off Jets fans

1 Like

Would a simple “boooooooo” track played every time Goodell’s face appears be OK?

3 Likes

Almost an informational post w/o bashing Quinn. But you still managed.

1 Like

Thank god they’re going through with it on time. You have assclowns like Schefter roasting the NFL for not postponing the draft (he complains every time he’s on air, get over it dude) but the reality is that there’s no reason why they couldn’t hold the draft now with all the technology at their disposal. Good on Goodell for holding firm despite immense pressure for him to move the date and, selfishly for me and many football fans, giving us some entertainment in an otherwise very boring and dark time.

Can we bug some of our potential trade partners computers to hear what and with who they are talking about?
Asking for a friend of, BB.

That made me laugh out loud for real

3 Likes