NFL’s Warren Sapp is smart

You are correct, but his speech was against what they believe in.

yup - prolly get someone worse.

Yep, and that’s the risk you run with who you’re talking to and over what medium. If you’re at a family get together and you keep proclaiming loudly that the moon is flat or other conspiracy theories, are you going to sue them if they quit inviting you thus censoring you and violating your ‘free speech’?

2 Likes

That brings up another point though. Whatever happened to it’s okay to disagree with people and still be friends. Now it seems like if you disagree with someone on one topic, you are suppose to hate them. Social media has created that and instilled that in so many people.

I can’t stand politics because of the great divide it causes in people, I’m not going to hate someone because they support a certain president or a certain ideology. Too much hate and not enough love in the world. Agree to disagree and move on to a new topic.

5 Likes

thug life rap GIF

1 Like

Does it matter what type of guy Sapp is ?

I get what you’re saying but if the person vouching for you is of questionable morals , or decision making etc

I’m not saying Sspp is that guy
But his history presents a bit complicated

No matter what one thinks of Gruden

mm…I wouldn’t say it’s only social media doing that. I think that it’s built into a certain amount of people as well. not to mention ‘news’ media or political leaders that have been preaching hate for this or that for some time. People are people. they get scared or angry or whatever. some can move past that and continue to talk, some can’t.

I’m a debater not a yeller so I can move past what people think, the most obvious weapon is just proof. Others need to continue to prove emotionally and I think that’s where social media will restrict items. I’m not a fan of AI making those decisions tho because it can capture what most would deem innocuous.

3 Likes

Agreed, the only divide and conquer strategy. They don’t want people coming together. The population is much easier to control when extremely divided.

This is a huge skill, many people don’t have. They get all fired up and start yelling if someone says something they don’t agree with. To me that’s a sign of immaturity, I was a teacher for many years, kids do that.

2 Likes

Boo commish
But they don’t like w

This is weird to me

It’s their platform

You still can spread your imo vile non nuanced takes that ignore it’s not about the one swimmer
And it’s about the youth who are committing suicide at a far greater rate than others.

Sorry but you can say what you want

And if I get banned here for this

I know I can’t sue Nate or the moderators
Without it being at a big expense to me that I’ll likely not win

Here’s to hoping I don’t get banned but I couldn’t let that one slide.

1 Like

If you read up on who Twitter mainly employs you won’t be surprised at all for being suspended for that particular tweet. Hopefully things will change under new ownership. I miss the days when the news just reported unbiased facts. The days when politics didn’t influence every aspect of life. News was just news, movies were just movies, sports were just sports. Now it seems everything has to have an agenda behind it. It’s gotten really tiring.

3 Likes

One other note on this

Is in real life

All these “others” ( people who cite things differently from
Me ) generally treat me decently. I am friends.

Then turn on news or read posts and it’s all
“The other is bringing us down”

2 Likes

something else is realizing when you’re wrong. I think that when someone really starts yelling or threatening, it’s their subconscious that knows they’re wrong but hubris won’t allow them to admit it so they double down. Nobody likes to admit when they’re wrong but I think it is definitely a sign of either intelligence or humility to want to learn from being wrong. Science itself is built on that.

1 Like

I don’t agree with you about the transgender swimmer topic. Can’t really go into detail here without it going past den rules. But you shouldn’t be banned from anything for stating your mind and neither should I or anyone else.

2 Likes

I think it depends on how you state it. anything is bannable if you’re a monster or incredibly insulting or demeaning in your post/response.

1 Like

For sure, it’s exhausting!

Agree and I think my history
Though my inclusion of vile was a bit across the line however my history with the demographic has shaped my view of them as worthy people
And what we’ll face in future -

Back to my history of I wish we could have more in depth conversations here because there’s a lions bond that reminds us we have commonalities
And our perspectives can help each other

Especially if we seek to listen and understand as ways for us all to grow

Go lions

2 Likes

Well said brother!

Platforms are supposed to let you express your self . Just like us talking sports. The view is prime example of people on one side saying hateful things to the other side, and nothing happens.

1 Like

Of course - ALWAYS consider the source and take it for what it’s worth.
we all have slightly different values and ethics (which create our standards and blueprint).

What I see is this → Sapp believes what he is telling you.
Is he of questionable character? Dunno?
Is he speaking his truth? Yup?
Who does my gut tell me is right/wrong? BOTH
Who does my gut tell me is more “guilty?” THE LEAGUE. :wink:

My inner circle would never be racist, nor would they be comfortable saying racist shit around me. I think Grueden and sapp are like that…where if Greuden were a racist, Sapp would know. I also believe if Sapp believed Geeuden to be a racist, they would not be friends.

Those ideas could potentially be mutually exclusive of each other, but I have my doubts.

I am in no way sticking up for Chucky. I have zero attachment to any of that stuff. I’d love to see the league cleaned up, in more ways than one. :wink:

YES!!!

Yup - it’s all the same. 100%. Both “sides of the aisle” can’t see they are doing the EXACT same thing as those they are opposing.

I know ppl who have damn near identical values to me that vote exactly the opposite of me more often than not. We just look at the same thing, and see a different way to get there, and choose to believe different things when looking at the “proof”. Ppl need to turn off the news and go love their neighbors.

That is the answer. As long as we have a political party as part of our identity, we will always be choosing between the “lesser of 2 evils.”
Conservatives vote republican and Liberals vote Democrat NO MATTER WHAT…and what comes from that?
More of the same.

1. Neither the Republican or Democratic candidate are who they say they are in the first place.
  2. “Your guy” is reading speeches that others wrote for him and saying what his “team” has taught/rehearsed for him to say → translation, he doesn’t even believe what he says he believes.
  3. They are generally incompetent and never were running the country in the first place.
  4. The people who are “pulling the strings” are the same ppl that own the media…the banks…determine how we are “educated” (both youth in schools and in propaganda with adults)

This is how we get to choose between guys like Bush and Kerry…Hillary and Don…etc, etc, etc.

Cheers…to those who can change their mind, when presented with information that contradicts their beliefs. Truthfully, most can’t.

You CAN express yourself. It all depends on how you express it. a modicum of decorum if you will. if you disagree by just calling people jackholes or worse you’re probably gonna get a talking to. If you can disagree with legit talking points, you’ll be fine.

1 Like