Nice read on Okudahs rookie season

Nice data here on our boy!!

Hoping he’s gonna roll this season!!

4 Likes

I noticed this in the middle of the article, whoever this P Schraggs cat is, he needs his head examined

“The secret weapon in New England this year might very well be Matt Patricia. I know how that statement will go over in Detroit. I don’t care. Patricia has been very involved in NE’s 2021 off-season moves & is as trusted & influential a sounding board in the building.” -@PSchrags

2 Likes

Patricia must do some things well or Belichick wouldn’t keep him around for so long. He is a terrible leader and should never have been a head coach, but he must be good at something(s).

I didn’t follow him well enough to know squat about it other than Belichick keeps hiring him and he was the first one I saw slow down the McVay wide zone offense in 2018.

3 Likes

LOL - Glorious

1 Like

Nice take brother!!

Yknow who was the last “Patriots Secret Weapon”?

Andy Katzenmoyer.

1 Like

Peter Schrager does 100% puff pieces for the NFL network, on good morning football or something.

1 Like

So I am not even close to a scheme guru, but one thing I did think was Patricia’s “calling card” if you will… he would seem to scheme a couple great games a year. For example, lions Chiefs game the lions were neck and neck the whole game, I think Mahomes didn’t have a TD pass the whole game. Another example, the lions beating the Patriots on Sunday night football, or beating the packers and frustrating Rodgers…

The team under his leadership had their moments, and Belichick referenced the Lions scheme as what they used as a blueprint to beat the chiefs.

That being said, Patricia seemed like he was great at making certain blueprints, but on a week to week basis, he failed miserably. So I don’t doubt the guy knows defense, however, I don’t think he was able to adjust his team and consistently out-coach the other team on a week to week basis.

That is my totally uneducated just observational opinion and I’m sure many on here could provide a lot more insight. But the NFL season is a marathon not a race. I feel like the Lions would run a couple amazing 40 yard dashes and surprise us, but then pull up with a hamstring the rest of the games

2 Likes