NO MOCK, What's your Draft Board. Your guys

#6 Jailin Carter has a semi chance to slip, much moreso than Will Anderson
…Other options - Tyree Wilson & Myles Murphy
…Trading down to ATL, LV, CAR - if they wanna come up for a QB
Carolina should be able to give us a late 2 from SF and a 4th in 2024. Seems fair.

#18 Prime Spot for DB. Witherspoon (reminds me of Devin McCourtey) Branch (reminds me of Marlon Humphrey/Minkah Fitzpatrick)

…Other options - RG OCyrus Torrence if he’s Larry Allen lol.
Same part of draft where we got Decker, Ragnow, Gosder Cherilus, Pettigrew. Good blocking!
… RB 3 down stud Bijan Robinson if we want 1 dude not RB by committee. I
…Trading down to get a late 3 for a team that wants to come up for WR. Looks like a real sweet spot there for Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Jailin Hyatt.

Day 2
CB Forbes
DT Caliah Kancey
DT/DE Mike Morris
NT Mazi Smith
SS Battle
MLB Sewell
TE Washington
WR Tillman
RB Charbonnett
RG- Few guys I’m looking at here, I’ll get back to “my guy”

Late 3/ Early 4 spot - ^ Any guys from above^
QB Haydon Hooker
TE Tucker Kraft
TE Sam Laporta
LB Jack Campbell

Day 3
Round 5- VALUE looks like a good spot to add a weapon here.
RB Eric Gray, Deuce Vaugh, Mcintosh, McBride, Miller
RG Jaxson Kirkland just got that feel from him that he could be one of them Day 3 starter gems.
C Jarrett Patterson Brock Wright, Tommy Kraemer, back to the well here. replace Evan Brown.

Round 6 - TWO PICKS We struck gold last year amazing.

Safety- Go find another SS Kearse or FS Diggs… I’ll get back to you who that is (both these guys were on my board)
Linebacker- Ivan Pace or Dee Winters Smash bro with Rodrigo…could beat out Barnes?
DT - Jonah Tavai… Put some pressure on Demetrius Taylor, Benito Jones, Levi etc for 4th DT
QB- Max Duggan or Stetson Bennett because you know Tom Brady and Brock Purdy
K - Jake Big Booty Moody
TE Brenton Strange or Shoonmaker
DE- Dylan Horton takes Austin Bryants spot as last man on DL / PS dude for 2023

Can’t wait to read yours!

5 Likes

I’m just not sold on Carter at all… perhaps I need to watch more film. So far I’ve seen flashes of talent, mixed in with low motor and effort. Does that sound like a Lions draft pick!?

That is tempting for sure, turn a team strength into an even better team strength. The O-line is already pretty good, add a stud guard and some of the den posters might be able to run behind that line. @DetroitStrong is ready and willing, check out his highlight tape asap.

2 Likes

I really think CB Witherspoon ends up top-10, maybe even the Lions pick at 6.

7 Likes

Gonzalez or witherspoon and branch.

1 Like

Cody Mauch with our 59th pick, put him at guard and he can move to Tackle if needed

4 Likes

I haven’t watched much of him at all, but a versatile tackle/guard would make a lot of sense in round 2 or 3. Goff had a great season, but protecting him is just so important. With a clean pocket, Goff is very good. When you have a QB, that can’t really move the O-line becomes just so important.

4 Likes

Watching Jalen Carter highlights earlier and to me, he has Nick Fairley 2.0 written all over him… tons of potential, size, and talent… but he doesn’t seem to show up when needed. JMHO…

2 Likes

Thats2 turned me on to him so I watched some film and the guy moves really smooth. I think he would be a good convert to guard but work as a backup for OT.

3 Likes

I will give what i would be super happy with some may not be possible

6 Tyree Wilson DE/DT
18 Joey Porter Jr CB
49 John Michael Schmitz C/OG
56 Tuli Tuipulotu DT I know listed as edge by some i put him in 3 spot on DLine an inside of Hutch or Wilson
82 Jammie Robinson S
Rd 5 Anthony Johnson CB
Rd6a Aubrey Miller LB
Rd6b Clayton Tune QB

All subject to change but some ideas

2 Likes

Fairley without the production, Fairley had an 11 sack season for example at Auburn. Carter has less sacks in his entire college career.

2 Likes

Daron Payne, the free agent darling at DT this year, he had 3 sacks coming out of college from Bama

4 Likes

I dont even do them any more, cause no one really cares what i think. But i agree with some of you’re ideas

Which ones you agreeing with?

I’d like to read your thoughts if u wanna share them

1 Like

For sure, and we can play these games all day brother! Suh, Fairley, Donald all had 10+ sack seasons before the draft… it’s just so hard to predict and project. Personally I prefer elite production in college, then someone like Ansah proves me compltely wrong.

2 Likes

I agree with witherspoon
And forbes is my sleeper DB

1st pick is going to be a question mark. I dont like anyone not named Anderson or carter with that pick.

Might sound crazy but i would get Branch if with 6th pick , then best cb.

Our pick in 2nd Campbell

Then vikes pick best guard left.

Sign Hargrove for DT as our big FA

4 Likes

I wish you would do them just because we disagree doesn’t mean i don’t enjoy looking at other fans ideas.

None of us are asked what we would do an if I am asked I will tell you :grinning:

3 Likes

Marty, your opinions matter, your Mocks matter, and your a long term poster here. Without all of our efforts, our knowledge, our abilities, our desire to come here daily, to give our input day and night , there wouldn’t be A Den. All the posters here help make this place what it is…The greatest source of football and Detroit Lion Knowledge. The Den is a strong tradition, it has stood for decades and we couldn’t do it without @Nate and The rest of the Mods here either !! This place is special- This place is important .

LONG LIVE THE DEN

3 Likes

I haven’t really done mocks because I am aware that I’m full of shit.
I mean COMPLETELY full of shit! LOL.
I just wont’ know the NCAA well enough.

2 Likes

More truthfully, @Nate just assembles a group of the most handsome ppl he can find…calls the best looking among them “mods”, creates a calendar …& gets RICH!

I think that was the real plan from the get go.

2 Likes

Splurge for 1 FA DT signing - Payne or Hargreave, greatly improve Holmes flexibility going into Draft.

#6 Trade down with either #7LV, #9 CAR, or ??. Assume CAR for their #60, close value. Worst case.
#09 CB Gonzalez (Replace AO) Could flip with RB Robinson. Would rather get No.1 CB, IMO only.
#18 RB Robinson (RBC - 3 Williams re-sign/depth at this stage/goalline, Robinson, oft injured Swift ins)
#49 CB Forbes (CB Depth, in case, Okudah takes out another CB)
#56 OL Schmitz (Premium Center to backup oft injured Ragnow, and plug-in-play RG, pulling Guard)
#60 LB To’oTo’o (Wild Card - Could go LB Campbell or TE or Best Available DT)
#82 S Skinner
#153 QB UCLA, Houston QB Tune, or Purdue QB O’Connell
#183 LB or OT Swing Tackle Development. G Steinberg replacement??
#194 K (Mich Moody)